Royal Gossip
April 19, 2019, 11:54:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What book are you reading right now?  (Read 41036 times)
Acornia
Countess

« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2012, 05:15:49 am »

Yup all of them are printed in pocket form so they are not that expensive (I paid like 10 bucks per book)
They stand alone it's not a serie or any thing, every book is a different murder to solve.
AC has two mayor characters that solve her mystery: old ms Marple and PI Hercule Poirot.
She published like 60 books with those two in the lead alone! (I don't think they ever worked on a 'case' together tough..)
She published nearly 80 mystery and crime novels over the years, many of them were turned into movies at one point or another.
And I believe the TV show murder she wrote was influenced by AC novels (love that show BTW!)
It's a light read and I do enjoy the books very much.
 thumbsup

thankyou I do enjoy reading mystery books, I think I'll have a lot of fun with AC.
memyselfandroyals
Countess

Good and bad things return

« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2012, 10:27:38 pm »

Yooper, YOU ARE an angel! xmas_mousiekins

That book is amazing and teaches us being more astute in life's battles!  sigh

All my comments/posts are only assumptions, thoughts and belifs. I don't make affirmations about facts i don't know about.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2012, 05:09:06 am »

Aren't you a doll!  I'm just glad you mentioned it because it is a fabulous book and one I need to revisit pronto.

*gave up on Inspector Lynley*

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Acornia
Countess

« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2012, 07:13:01 am »

The Stand by Stephen King

It's a long novel and I'm only 1/8 through  bored3
Maya
courtier

« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2012, 10:55:11 am »

I've just finished Mistress of Rome and Daughters of Rome by Kate Quinn and I can't wait for the next book in the series Empress of Rome to be released in April. I literally couldn't put these books down, that good!

I'm currently reading The Last Concubine by Lesley Downer.
HC
Countess

« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2012, 11:06:33 am »

I've just finished reading a book by Edith Hahn Beer. She managed to live under a friends identity in Germany during the second world war.

There is something about this story that I don't understand. Especially I don't understand why she stayed in Germany due to a man that didn't want to marry her. And why did she leave little Gretl behind.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2012, 04:54:40 pm »

Brain break after The Art of War:

Jackie Collins' Goddess of Vengeance
'Can't put the dang thing down.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Maya
courtier

« Reply #87 on: May 15, 2012, 08:57:52 am »

Empress of the Seven Hills by Kate Quinn

I preferred the other two earlier books that she wrote about ancient Rome however I will still buy the fourth book if it is ever released.
AlisVolatPropriis
courtier

« Reply #88 on: May 16, 2012, 02:23:20 pm »

War and peace, I started it early easter-lol couldn't wait for the train ride. I love it.

If someone betrays you once, it’s their fault; if they betray you twice, it’s your fault.
Eleanor Roosevelt

"It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities" - J. K. Rowling

Con te partirò
Contessa
courtier

« Reply #89 on: May 16, 2012, 11:41:36 pm »

I was lucky enough to get a Kindle for mothers day and so have downloaded heaps of free books.
At the moment its called 'Mudbug'
A mother-in-law comes back to life, like that's what everyone wants right? Kate-Horror-Queen
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #90 on: May 17, 2012, 12:18:57 am »

hihi sounds like fun: a zombie MIL not only does she criticize your cooking, now she wants to eat your brain as well! easter-lol

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Contessa
courtier

« Reply #91 on: May 17, 2012, 02:33:45 am »

And another I downloaded - yes a freebie - is called 'Scary Mary' but it's not Crown Princess Mary.

I love AMAZON!
Acornia
Countess

« Reply #92 on: May 17, 2012, 03:57:19 am »

Have fun with your Kindle Contessa!

I'm currently reading Blackout by Connie Willis.
Contessa
courtier

« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2012, 02:12:59 pm »

^
Thanks, I am.
HA my 23 year old son can't even understand how to use so I think I'm pretty special.
Has anyone ever read any of Maeve Binchy's novels?
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2012, 02:29:57 pm »

Oh, brother, I couldn't live without my Kindle/iPad and luvvv Amazon.

I just finished Rena's Promise about two sisters who survived 3 1/2 years in Auschwitz.  Great book, but I could sure use a little more light reading right now and I'm up at all hours, so....Any suggestions?  I love murder mysteries and beach reads.

AVP - SO glad you're enjoying War and Peace!  If you ever see the movie after wading through the book, you'll wanna throw something at the t.v.  I know that movies are never like the book, but in this case, it's just blasphemous.

Contessa
courtier

« Reply #95 on: May 23, 2012, 10:18:56 pm »

Has anyone books by Rebecca Shaw?
Sassy
royal watcher

« Reply #96 on: May 23, 2012, 10:44:26 pm »

I am reading the Hunger Games, the book version is much better than the movie one.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #97 on: May 23, 2012, 11:02:19 pm »

Philippa Gregory: Red Queen, White Queen, Lady of the rivers.
All historical fiction about the war of the roses and the Tudor dynasty that came from it! thumbsup
BTW she was the author of 'The Other Boleyn Girl' as well...

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #98 on: May 24, 2012, 04:06:07 am »

^^I've been toying with starting The Hunger Games.  Is it really that good?

I need some light reading and I don't think that qualifies, but could be wrong.

Sassy
royal watcher

« Reply #99 on: May 24, 2012, 08:26:27 pm »

^^I've been toying with starting The Hunger Games.  Is it really that good?

I need some light reading and I don't think that qualifies, but could be wrong.

If you like dystopian stories then I would recommend it, although I am not finished it yet, I saw the movie, which was a really huge disappointment as I mentioned before, but the book is a good read for me, a light read I suppose easter-egg-basket
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: