Royal Gossip
April 25, 2019, 11:17:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What book are you reading right now?  (Read 41119 times)
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2011, 10:58:20 pm »

ah good you found an English trailer because I didn't understand it  tehe

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Fernanda Nunes
Baroness

« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2011, 11:05:16 pm »

hug Embarrassed tehe hug

Motto for the year 2019: "He who overcomes will have these things for his heritage; and I will be his God, and he will be my son." (AP 21:7).
http://www.igrejacristamaranata.org.br/en/home/
Princess Alucard
Countess

« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2011, 07:51:02 pm »

Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

It's really good

http://jeanienefrost.com/

Nov. 16, 2010.... Hell froze over *plays in the snow*

Fernanda Nunes
Baroness

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2011, 03:55:18 pm »

Hosea 6:3
 3 know, if we follow on to know the Lord: his going, as the morning, is certain, and he will come to us like the rain, as the spring rains that water the earth.

Knowing God, this is the greatest blessing that the human heart can get to feel, that Mackintosh series of books is very desirable, it can enter into the depths of the soul to bring you closer to Jesus. The Peace of the Lord Jesus.
http://www.amazon.com/Notes-Penteteuch-Gen-15-ebook/dp/B005500SPM/ref=sr_1_10?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1325259842&sr=1-10

Product Description
Genesis 1 - 15
Prologue: "I cannot suffer this Fourth Edition to go forth, without an expression of heartfelt thankfulness to the Lord for His goodness in making use of such a feeble instrumentality, for the profit of souls, and the spread of His own simple truth.
It is an unspeakable privilege to be permitted, in any small degree, to minister to the souls of those who are so precious to Christ. "Lovest thou me? Feed my sheep." Such were the touching words of the departing Shepherd; and, assuredly, when they fall powerfully upon the heart, they must rouse all the energies of one's moral being to carry out, in every possible way the gracious desire breathed therein. To gather and to feed the lambs and sheep of the flock of Christ, are the most exalted services in which any one can be engaged. Not a single honest effort put forth for the achievement of such noble ends, will be forgotten in that day "when the Chief Shepherd shall appear."
May God the Holy Ghost fill the heart, anoint the lips, and consecrate the pen of every servant of Christ, so that streams of pure and living truth may flow, in every direction, for the refreshment of all those who are on their way to glory." C.H.M.
Charles Henry Mackintosh (C.H.M.) was born in 1820 in Ireland. At a young age he came to read in J.N. Darby's Operations of the Spirit, "It is Christ's work for us, not His work in us, that gives us peace." For twenty-one years he was the editor of "Things New and Old."
Notes on the Penteteuch covers the first five books of the Old Testament, Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy.

Motto for the year 2019: "He who overcomes will have these things for his heritage; and I will be his God, and he will be my son." (AP 21:7).
http://www.igrejacristamaranata.org.br/en/home/
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2011, 04:51:55 pm »

The Forsyte Saga

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Acornia
Countess

« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2012, 01:32:45 pm »

The Pursuit of Love - Nancy Mitford

I'm thinking of read War Horse next, just in time for the movie  laundry
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2012, 03:32:41 pm »

Enjoy the book; ignore the movie, Acornia.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
lynda
royal watcher

« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2012, 07:06:41 pm »

Just finished  Catherine Coulter's book  WHIPLASH   about FBI agents Dillion & Sherlock Savich  ......  wonderful, can't wait until her next book.
Am now reading   Deep Black:  Death Wave  by Stephen Coonts           terrorists in Tajikistan,China,etc    slow going, due to all the different characters names
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2012, 10:43:09 pm »

Refreshing on my runic knowledge... it's kinda rusty! tehe
'Runes, theory and practice' by Kalina Crasskova
'Runes, talk to the woman within' by Cassandra Eason
'De roep van de Runen' Igor Warneck Dutch translation from German org 'Ruf der Runen' I don't know if there is an English translation I checked amazon and they didn't have one so...

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2012, 10:50:49 pm »

hey akasha I think you would the like the woman who run with wolves, have you read it?

I have started two Stefan Zweig books but they are so sad  wellduh

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2012, 12:47:50 am »

nope but thanks for the tip!

Acornia
Countess

« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2012, 02:54:41 am »

Is it that bad? I really wanted to watch it because Tom Hiddleston is there  Lips Sealed and the trailer is good

What I really would like to see is the play though. The puppet horses are amazing!

« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 02:57:11 am by Acornia » Logged
AlisVolatPropriis
courtier

« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2012, 05:09:00 am »

Northanger Abbey Jane Austen

If someone betrays you once, it’s their fault; if they betray you twice, it’s your fault.
Eleanor Roosevelt

"It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities" - J. K. Rowling

Con te partirò
HC
Countess

« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2012, 07:29:25 pm »

Emma by Jane Austen
memyselfandroyals
Countess

Good and bad things return

« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2012, 11:28:32 am »

The Tordesilhas Treated

All my comments/posts are only assumptions, thoughts and belifs. I don't make affirmations about facts i don't know about.

Contessa
courtier

« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2012, 12:02:09 pm »

Well, I won a book competition and it was worth $30.00.
So, i got eight books in total, one of Jane Austen who I always love and two of Maeve Binchey (the others i haven't included here) but has anyone read any of Mauve Binchey's books?
She's really good. The one I'm reading now is called 'Quentins'.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2012, 05:39:29 pm »

Is it that bad? I really wanted to watch it because Tom Hiddleston is there  Lips Sealed and the trailer is good

What I really would like to see is the play though. The puppet horses are amazing!

The play is heralded, so go, go, go.  The movie has had mixed reviews and deservedly so.  I saw it and Spielberg stubbed his toe, I think.  Children will like it, but it lacks whatever magic he usually puts in to his masterpieces, for grownups.  I felt cheated and it was just too corny and schmaltzy for my taste.  Give me ET anytime over this.

As for books, I'm absolutely addicted to Louise Penny's Inspector Gamache murder series set in Quebec.  Very well written.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2012, 10:33:51 pm »

agatha christy: "murder on the Nile"

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2012, 10:36:14 pm »

^I LOVE that book, Akasha!!!!  It's on my Island Books - what I'd take on an deserted island.  Along with the five men I'd take. 

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2012, 11:43:43 pm »

well actually the book is a double crime combo thingy, second story is 'murder on the orient express'
I'm still reading 'the nile', at the moment so shht don't tell me the end! (haven't read any of AC's books up until now ...yes I know, it's a huge hole in my literature! Embarrassed)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: