Royal Gossip
December 15, 2017, 10:06:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What book are you reading right now?  (Read 32867 times)
Scarlet Flowers
courtier

Just when you thought they weren't any sillier...

« on: November 16, 2010, 05:45:05 am »

I'm reading Wyatt Earp Speaks by Wyatt Earp and Others.

"They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept but one; they promised to take our land, and they took it."--Anonymous Indian

From the highly reccommended book Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee.
tequiero
courtier

I like to move it, move it :):):)

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 09:44:41 pm »

I am supposed to read Doctor Zhivago by Boris Pasternak for my classes but now for the relax I'm reading Love, sex and politics in ancient Greece and Rome   easter-lol easter-lol

Harry-ite #6
The Chocolate Princess
Administrator

A chocolate a day keeps the doctor away!

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 09:47:53 pm »

^There is a good book: Sex, Drugs and Economics easter-wink It describes the economical theories with more "interesting" examples as a usual textbook you read in uni. easter-lol  I would recommend it to every Business Administration student.

The Alley Cat...
courtier

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 04:01:49 am »

Paris, 1919.  Reading it for class.  bored3
Princess Alucard
Countess

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 04:25:42 pm »

Nothing right now anyone got any suggestions something with monsters like werewolves and NO TWILIGHT??   legs

Nov. 16, 2010.... Hell froze over *plays in the snow*

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 02:17:52 am »

Pillars of the earth, by ken follet

huge book (1000 pages!), but after I saw the first part as a movie on the tv-screen I wanted to read the book, I did the same with LOTR saw one movie started to read the books.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
The Alley Cat...
courtier

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2010, 04:35:32 am »

Nothing right now anyone got any suggestions something with monsters like werewolves and NO TWILIGHT??   legs

Blood and Chocolate  by Annette Curtis Klause.  My best friend worships the book!!!  I won't read anything with werewolves in it, and Harry Potter was the exception.
Princess Alucard
Countess

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2010, 03:57:53 am »

I read Blood and Chocolate when I was in high school. it was ok

Nov. 16, 2010.... Hell froze over *plays in the snow*

Ceridwen
Baroness

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2010, 07:23:57 pm »

American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld  study

Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2010, 10:23:18 pm »

"Harmony" by POW

I'm not a fan of Prince Charles per se, but I've maintained an ongoing interest in environmental issues since I was a teenager. My son picked it out, without any help, as a gift for my birthday. ... I'll do a book review synopsis after I've finished the book, if anyone's interested. ...

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Scarlet Flowers
courtier

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 02:23:19 am »

Hells Angels: Three Can Keep a Secret if Two are Dead ny Yves Lavinge

"They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept but one; they promised to take our land, and they took it."--Anonymous Indian

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2011, 03:21:46 am »

'Now you know royalty' by Doug Lennox
It's a cool fun facts book about royalty and it explains a lot of things like: What is the civil list? or What is the Act of Settlement?
They focus mainly on Canada (the writer is Canadian) and how the RF and the commonwealth affected their history and how much it still affects modern life.
 thumbsup good read!
BTW did you know that it was rumoured that queen Anne Boleyn had six fingers on her right hand? (one of the little fun fact from the book! tehe)

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Ella
Countess

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2011, 06:09:57 am »

I'm in reading:

-Kitty Kelley's The Royals
which is banned for sale in the UK unabridged due to libel laws, includes details on their Nazi ties and German roots and how they sacrificed the Romanovs to save themselves, HM was conceived by artificial means, courtship of HM and PP which George VI was against, PP's visits to brothels and affairs, racism, and other uncomfortable things (don't know if they're true, but I'm about 20% through and it's interesting). review: http://www.salon.com/sept97/royalsb970917.html

-Anchee Min's Empress Orchid
Fictionalized autobiography of the last empress of China. Really good.

-Max Brooks' World War Z
An series of short stories of people who lived through a zombie apocalypse. Fun, but depressing in a weird way.

I devour books and have no attention span so those are the main ones I'm on right now. I'm totally bookmarking this thread for material later!

@Princess Alucard: I've heard good things about Alice Borchardt's Wolf series. She's Anne Rice's sister, but I don't know if their styles are similar. Never read them myself though, so I don't know how good they are...
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2011, 07:21:53 am »

Sir A. C. Doyle's Sherlock Holmes, Sign of the Four

And, as much as I *despise* to admit it, The Diana Chronicles. 

To redeem myself, The Autobiography of Mark Twain (really good book)

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Mia
Baroness

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2011, 03:02:39 pm »

A few science books mainly about biotecnology, genetic engineering and chemestry.

Take a bow Waitie Katie

Raisie
Countess

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2011, 08:45:19 pm »

I am start to read about accounting,well mostly i would read this kind of books as is what i like.Somehow very slowly as i have to study German,work and help at home.

"Only do what your heart tells you."
- Princess Diana

‎"There is no civilization living today which did not originate in the work and effort of Monarchy"
Gaeaskywalker
Baroness

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2011, 11:06:31 pm »

I'm reading Shadows of the Empire. It's a Star Wars novel and takes place between movie 5 (empire strikes back) and 6 (return of the jedi)
Mia
Baroness

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2011, 11:57:38 pm »

Just started the last volume of the "Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follett. Amazing books!!!

Take a bow Waitie Katie

Scarlet Flowers
courtier

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2011, 12:01:38 am »

Fallen Angel by Jerry Langton

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2011, 05:15:52 pm »

Short Stories of F. Scott Fitzgerald.  I highly recommend one of them...The Baby Story.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: