Royal Gossip
November 12, 2018, 08:52:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Max Hastings says soemone should have whacked PA's *butt*  (Read 3020 times)
True Brit
Duchess

« on: March 08, 2011, 10:01:51 am »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1363980/How-different-spanked-Andrews-young.html

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 04:40:19 pm »

He has an excellent point there.

The royals’ sense of their own status preserves a remoteness between themselves and the rest of us, which it is almost impossible to exaggerate. Their belief that the  rules and conventions that constrain the rest of us simply do not apply to them is bred in the bone.

Prince Andrew is almost as ruthless as his elder brother, the Prince of Wales, in dismissing from his counsels anyone who tells him things he does not wish to hear.

I believe the future of the monarchy demands the presence of somebody at Buckingham Palace who fills the function, even if they do not have the title, of a chief executive. It is long overdue for somebody, instead of merely bowing and curtseying to the princes, to convince them that, unless the Royal Family sustains collective discipline and dignity, its whole future is threatened.

The Queen has set a superb example of service for six decades. Among her children, however, only Princess Anne seems to understand the sort of personal behaviour that is necessary to secure the monarchy’s future for the next 60 years. If the royal princes continue to enjoy open-ended licence to please themselves, there is going to be much, much more trouble at mill.

I think Charles understands it too, or he would not have created the "Prince's Trust." After HM and Charles, the monarchy may well end, but only if Anne were to succeed. But since that won't happen, I see hte monarchy being dismantled.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 05:53:27 pm »

Hello KF  Hi Yes it was that exact comment which made me sit up and take notice. The fact that doing as they please is "bred in the bone". We can see this most clearly in William and his generation - Harry, the York girls.

I do think Charles actually does understand this - but I have just read a comment that he told the Australians a little while back that it is getting time for them to be a grown up republic. I sense he sees the writing on the wall and this may well explain why he has pressed and pressed the Govt for a share of the Crown Estates and the scrapping of the Civil List. Many commentators over here raised their eyebrows when it was announced that this was going to happen.

A friend of mine has a son who served in the RN with Andrew and he was universally loathed by officers and lesser ranks. His obnoxious character has been known for years and it isn't just tittle tattle. But his obnoxiousness was "bred in the bone" he really had never been brought up to behave in any other way.

Conversely there was a recent interview with Zara Phillips who recalled herself and her brother deliberately walking backwards and forwards towards a soldier on guard knowing that each time they approached he would have to salute. The soldier got fed up and told them to eff off and they ran off and told PA. When she came out to see him the soldier thought he was for the high jump but she asked what happened and Z &P got a whacking and were told not to be disrespectful to our soldiers.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 07:30:04 pm »

I do think Charles actually does understand this - but I have just read a comment that he told the Australians a little while back that it is getting time for them to be a grown up republic. I sense he sees the writing on the wall and this may well explain why he has pressed and pressed the Govt for a share of the Crown Estates and the scrapping of the Civil List. Many commentators over here raised their eyebrows when it was announced that this was going to happen.

I think that other than Anne, Charles is the best of the bunch. Both Charles and Anne did found charities and without them, a TON of kids would never have gotten the help they needed in order to get out of bad situations.

As for Andrew, he grew up spoiled and was always in the right place at the right time.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Ella
Countess

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 10:36:20 pm »

Conversely there was a recent interview with Zara Phillips who recalled herself and her brother deliberately walking backwards and forwards towards a soldier on guard knowing that each time they approached he would have to salute. The soldier got fed up and told them to eff off and they ran off and told PA. When she came out to see him the soldier thought he was for the high jump but she asked what happened and Z &P got a whacking and were told not to be disrespectful to our soldiers.

That's a good mother right there. My mom had no problems disciplining us when we were being obnoxious brats, but parents these days? Their baby is a precious little angel and how dare you say it's wrong for them to go around cussing and destroying other kid's projects. No joke, I had a parent tell us to quit calling her about her son cussing at us, being destructive and sleeping in class because she paid "our salary and my baby is tired, let him sleep!" "But he's not learning..." "Why does he need to know about clouds and s***? Let him sleep!" Or another time we called a kid's mom because he said stealing was okay so long as you didn't get caught (this was after he stole another kid's wallet), and she backed him up!

Ugh, I could rant for ages about parents now. Bleh. Either way, good for Anne. As for the others, it's clear no one ever told them right from wrong. They've always been able to flout the rules. I think you're right TB, Charles sees the end in sight and knows he's gotta get ready for it. Even then, that arrangement isn't solid because in the future, people aren't going to want the royals to "own" the seabeds and public lands.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 10:51:25 pm »

Oddly enough I think most of us ladies here had a strict childhood from at least one parent, (in my case it was my dad, he was an army guy, believe me you wouldn't want to get on his bad side....)
And as much as I used to complain about when I was younger "why do I have to be home at ten? all the others..." (sound familiar anyone TCP baking cookies tehe)
I now see the wisdom of it and I would raise any of my kids (if I ever have them) the same way!
Weird huh! easter-James

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Fernanda Nunes
Baroness

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 11:01:52 pm »

His mother is still alive, while her mother is alive she educates the child. My grandmother of 80 still beat my father at 60 if he did something wrong, now she's dead, but alive while she educated the children. I believe that the education of a mother and child should only cease when the mother dies, and Queen or not, if she is seeing her son going the wrong way as a mother can give her a good earful ..

Motto for the year 2017: "Saying with a loud voice, Have fear of God and give him glory; because the hour of his judging is come; and give worship to him who made heaven and earth and the sea and the fountains of water." (AP 14:7).
http://icmaranata.pt/index.php - Portugal www.igrejacristamaranata.org.br, www.icm.org.br, http://radiomaanaim.com.br/v1/ - Brazil
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 11:48:02 pm »

I get your point fernanda
It's true for Andrew HM should give him a strict talk.
But what about William & Harry?
In a way I understand the fact that HM doesn't want to be the bad grumpy strict granny to them, PC was to busy at the time unfortunately, Camilla couldn't and the nanny was their friend already they would have taken her serious if she started to give them a dressing down.
To be honest it was a very hard age to lose her (at 13 & 15 some would have considered them old enough to "survive" in the bad world without a mother figure),
Plus they spend nearly 70% of their time at Eton... someone there should have taken over the firm but comforting way of Diana but no-one had the gut's obviously, which leads us to today's mess...

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 04:06:53 am »

No, we're past that point. A talk would do nothing at all, nothing. Stripping Andrew of his title and having Philip horsewhip him would be a lot better. Or let an overworked courtier do it.

True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 10:31:41 am »

Even more revelations today - this time Azerbijahn (sic). Who was it who said if the bad news about you lasts more than a week you're in deep trouble. This has been ongoing for two weeks so I think PA must be about to be hung, drawn and quartered.

Interesting part says he has a golf complex in the country which BP officials are denying. I bet it's true. As the DM points out it is good to have someone making business ties but nothing else. It looks like he is really "in" with these people - up to his eyeballs. Then there's the pics of Beatrice and Eugenie at Epstein's Bahamas home.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1364372/Prince-Andrews-close-friendship-torture-dictator-Ilham-Aliyev.html

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 12:28:10 pm »

From my sleepless, jaudiced-eyes today, it's too late for the lot of them.  They're spinning out of control and HM needs her operation and when that happens and these yokels keep getting into trouble and the wedding gush is over, all heck's gonna break loose.  Of that I have no doubt.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Fernanda Nunes
Baroness

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 01:35:33 pm »

I get your point fernanda
But what about William & Harry?

Well, Akasha, she failed as a mother, as would not fail as a grandmother. The word is clear, the man is the head of the household. I understand that as the "Queen" she wanted to make all the decisions, but should not be so. From what I know Philip never wanted the marriage of Charles and Diana, he was right. Spending responsibilities at home, the decisions of the home, this should be the main attitude of her. We know you have a bad languages that say that Philip would have had extramarital affairs, but he would not, he must be humiliating to see that a whole nation thinks his wife is the boss at home. If all decisions were with him, I find it very difficult for the family Middeton appear publicly with her panties to show or anything that could compromise the reputation of his family or that Fergie did what she does or that Diana had written a book he seems to have a blood warmed and very strong to allow this type of thing. Look at the result of all this, Charles grew up in a home that the mother controls, so he can not control and have control of his home and, especially, he could not have control of Diana. PW and PH have grown up in a household where the mother was the center, they also tend not to have full command of their home, this will be even more demonstrable in the marriage of PW and Kate, arguably the largest command us to see her leave. Folks, put one thing in mind, people change, but does not mean that the head of God to change them, if there was the feminist movement, does not mean that God is also now in favor of feminism and woman is like a man, if There was homosexual movement does not mean that God will change the whole Bible to support this. I respect this people and their decisions, but God does not change his law for man, man is one who has to adapt to God's law. Parts of words that can explain more to you akasha: Man was made by God and so God has authority over the man. The woman was formed from the man and he has authority over her. The children come from parents and so parents have authority over children. • The example of Christ: Col 1:15-19. And he is before all things, ... And he is the head of the body ... all the fullness dwell in him. • In the garden of Eden, after sin, God came calling Adam and Eve not to explain what had happened. God spoke to Adam as head of the household and responsible for the actions of the home. Gen. 3:9. · Was Adam replied that the actions of the family as the head of household. Gen. 3:10-12. · Adam did not seek this position, as no man seeking, but it was from the beginning. Man's head home, I Cor 11:3, Eph 5:23. Man being the head of the wife and home, most of the home support should come from him (I Tim 5:Cool. • Leadership in the home, is a transferable power which God has established for man's home Tues The man should not hide from this function, nor seek to apologize for thinking that this obligation has a strong personality, relevant experience, etc.. He must learn his position to fulfill God's calling for the necessary wisdom (James 1:5). The Bible talks about it in several parts, if I put all my response will be huge.

Motto for the year 2017: "Saying with a loud voice, Have fear of God and give him glory; because the hour of his judging is come; and give worship to him who made heaven and earth and the sea and the fountains of water." (AP 14:7).
http://icmaranata.pt/index.php - Portugal www.igrejacristamaranata.org.br, www.icm.org.br, http://radiomaanaim.com.br/v1/ - Brazil
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 10:45:22 pm »

Yeah i was saying the same thing a couple of day's ago in reaction to the PA scandal.

You know if been thinking easter-think...I read somewhere that although HM may be The Queen, PP is the actual head of the family...
So maybe we are looking at the wrong person here, we should be wondering about Phillip's reaction to this whole mess instead I think.
I wonder what he has to say about it!
Who knows maybe HM isn't such an ostrich at all, maybe she's just following her husbands lead on this and other family matters and he is the one who's actually putting his head in the sand...
I mean if that is the deal they made at the beginning (he leads when it comes to family, she when it comes to politics and queen business)
The thing is most of the world probably has no idea about this 'deal' and are looking at HM anyway for guidance and response most of the time, she's the figurehead of the UK after al!
So there should be some sort of response from her to the public even if she believes this is a private family matter!

If you look at it like that, Philip has failed!

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2011, 01:11:11 am »

Philp didn't fail.

When Philip was urging HM to come down hard on Diana and Sarah, HM did nothing; I am more than sure that HM has been urged on by Philip to do something about KAte, but HM hasn't done anything. She is the one who holds the power and while HM might not like it, HM is FULLY responsible for the mess that has resulted in it. It's been on her shoulders and hers alone and while many sigh over her martyrdom, she has FAILED to use her authority to do things when she could have. When she had the chance, she didn't let Margaret marry Townsend, when she wasn't sure about Diana, she didn't tell Charles to end it with Diana, or when the problem increased, didn't order her ot end it with Camilla and ensure that Camilla stayed out.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: