Royal Gossip
December 15, 2017, 04:08:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen Elizabeth II : Health Rumours  (Read 15944 times)
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2013, 01:16:20 am »

^
True CathyJane, but time stops for no one and illness and body weakness comes with old age. The woman has been working for many years ,longer than most people her age in the Western world. Her mother lived a long time but fact is, she did not have the burden of being the monarch and the stress that comes with it.

Well said. Sometimes I forget how old Liz is, how long she's been on the job and all the stress of her family. She is a woman to be admired for her work ethic if nothing else.
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2013, 01:17:20 am »

I'm sure all the messes W&W have been in since their wedding hasn't helped her stress level.
Spice
Countess

William and Lupo: the real royal love match

« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2013, 01:25:07 am »

^I find it quite interesting... George VI died early because of (a) smoking like a chimney his whole life and (b) stress brought on by misbehaving family members.  I find it really sad that the same kind of family stress is affecting HM's health.  But, like all of us, she is responsible for her choices in life.  She should have nipped things in the bud early on with Waity.  There must be one hell of a strong reason why she didn't, because she's now paying for it with her health.

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
Spice
Countess

« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2013, 01:30:31 am »

^That's the main reason I do admire her... her work ethic and her concern for others.  Granted, she's not concerned enough to allow a referendum on the monarchy, but on a personal level she always seem to put others first and is genuinely kind to the people she meets, no matter where they are from.

I'm an ardent republican (recently converted from monarchism thanks to Willy's decision to marry Waity)... but I really like the Queen as a person, and I think most people do.  I just want the monarchy to end with Chuck.

If William wasn't so selfish and lazy, I bet there would be less support for republicanism.  Allowing him to get away with his behaviour is playing right into republicans' hands.  I wish HM had called his bluff when he was 19/20 and allegedly said he didn't want to be King.  But I know that would have been a very hard thing for her to do.

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2013, 10:25:37 pm »

George VI also had to lead the nation symbolically into the war and end up being in Buckingham Palace while the Blitz came through. HM as a child never had the guts to end up defying her parents in anything and in the past, the only man to cause trouble was Edward VIII and he at least had some decency while his father was alive. HM has never faced problems and dealt with them, so go figure, William and his parents ended up running haywire and now she has even more stress.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Spice
Countess

« Reply #85 on: March 08, 2013, 03:40:27 am »

I shudder when I think of history repeating itself like this... maybe PW is like Edward VIII, keeping a lid on things while the old monarch is still alive, only to get 100 x  worse once on the throne himself.

Its so ironic, QEQM spent her whole life trying to avoid history repeating itself, but within weeks/months of her death, in comes Waity and Carole Middleton.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #86 on: March 08, 2013, 05:59:39 am »

If the Queen Mother had learned from history, she would have learned that married women aren't 'safe' at all. After all, Wallis was married and Camilla was the same. A total bitter irony that all of the QM's battles for the RF was all for nothing.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2013, 05:00:28 pm »

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror
The Queen has cancelled her engagement tomorrow but palace says she "continues to make a good recovery"

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror
Prince Andrew will stand in for the Queen at a visit to Tech City tomorrow. Prince Philip will go to the Guards Chapel alone on Thurs

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2013, 08:39:44 pm »

Good for Andrew! Too bad W&W won't help out.  Lips Sealed
terrajoule
Baroness

Space. The final frontier...

« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2013, 11:21:14 pm »

thumbsup

I am a collection of dismantled almosts. -Anne Sexton, from A Self-Portrait In Letters
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #90 on: March 13, 2013, 08:42:22 pm »

Doctors are baffled by Queen's illness

THE Queen has revealed that her doctors have no idea what is wrong with her – 13 days after she fell ill.

She has cancelled her public engagements for the rest of the week and will work from home after struggling to overcome a debilitating illness that has seemingly left medical experts baffled.

The 86-year-old monarch will hold a Privy Council meeting at Buckingham Palace today and host other scheduled meetings there.

But her doctors have advised that she is not well enough to go out of the palace on public engagements.

She told Kamalesh Sharma, the Commonwealth Secretary General: “They’re not sure what’s the matter with me.”

The Palace has said she is suffering from the “symptoms of gastro-enteritis” but the stomach bug symptoms are associated with different illnesses.

She is believed to have undergone a series of assessments during a 24-hour stay in hospital starting on March 3 and is thought to be still awaiting the results of some tests. In the meantime she has been advised to rest and take on a reduced workload.

A senior royal aide said: “We are shaping her programme to meet her needs. She has made a decision to concentrate on making a full recovery before continuing her programme of public engagements.”

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/383888/Doctors-are-baffled-by-Queen-s-illness

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2013, 09:21:53 pm »

She's most likely stressed seeing the younger set not doing much in the way of pitching in. Stress has a weird way of showing itself. I don't remember the last time that HM has taken an official holdiay.

Keep Calm and Carry On
rosielinks
Countess

« Reply #92 on: March 14, 2013, 08:39:32 am »

Would be good for HM to have a bit of time out. Lord knows she has earned it.

It's time for the others to take their turn - it may be a good thing for Prince Andrew, for example, to show he is capable of dealing with foreign and home-grown dignitaries.

As PW and WK fail to step up to the plate, they are showing their true value to the UK and it is not going unnoticed. I hope HM continues to rely upon her children for help. It is sending out a strong message.
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #93 on: March 14, 2013, 10:57:08 am »

^
I really don't think that Charles should have sidelined some you the younger royals. Time for the Yorks to be more included I think.
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #94 on: March 14, 2013, 03:09:20 pm »

Would be good for HM to have a bit of time out. Lord knows she has earned it.

It's time for the others to take their turn - it may be a good thing for Prince Andrew, for example, to show he is capable of dealing with foreign and home-grown dignitaries.

As PW and WK fail to step up to the plate, they are showing their true value to the UK and it is not going unnoticed. I hope HM continues to rely upon her children for help. It is sending out a strong message.

Andrew and his daughters seem to enjoy meeting and talking to all kinds of people. I hope they do step up and help out. Chucky can just suck it up if he doesn't like it.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #95 on: March 14, 2013, 08:17:00 pm »

^
I really don't think that Charles should have sidelined some you the younger royals. Time for the Yorks to be more included I think.

Surely his sons have to step up first.

The Yorks aren't needed as there are 15 now and that is way too many.  Alexandra has done nothing this year and even the Duchess of Gloucester has done very few.

It is William, Kate and Harry who have to pick up the slack and no one else.

Andrew already does more than anyone other than his older siblings and The Queen - I know he doesn't get the press coverage for that but reading the CC clearly shows that, along with a poster on RF who does a week by week analysis of total engagements.

The York girls also do things, such as the trip to Germany on behalf of the government, and other charity work but in their own time and with no official recognition from The Queen and it is The Queen who decides what engagement is official and what isn't so the girls, who have done more than William and Kate this year get no credit because The Queen refuses to have that recorded in the CC.
rosielinks
Countess

« Reply #96 on: March 14, 2013, 08:21:05 pm »

I think Bea and Eugenie are strong members of the BRF. Bea has a kind heart and has charm and is a good speaker. Eugenie is still largely untested but I like her spirit in bringing Cressida into the fold - she is showing some feistiness after Waity's mean-spiritedness towards her sister.

I liked it when HM had Bea and Eug in her carriage at Christmas after WK And PW skived off to Berkshire. I really like the Yorks.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #97 on: March 14, 2013, 08:36:35 pm »

The thing is Princess Anne, the Wessex's and Andrew already work really hard for the Crown. They already do more than William and Kate, but the press ignores it.

If Pr.Charles cuts off Princess Anne, Wessex's and the Yorks from working on Royal duties when he becomes King and just depends on his immediate family, I think he's going to be terribly short handed.

Camilla seems very lazy and like she'd rather be home.

Kate seems lazy, the Palace needs to put her to task after the baby is born and make her WORK.

William seems to not care and wants to hide unless pushed out by the Palace on Royal duties.

Harry seems to be finding his footing by taking on  his mother's charities and his own, but needs to be put on more things.

Sophie is always working and doing charities, but the press acts as if she doesn't exist, same with Edward.

Andrew works hard, but the press only writes negatively about him , so his hard work gets ignored.

Charles is insane if he truly thinks JUST his family will be able to handle all the duties for the Crown, it will be utterly impossible. He is going to find he needs everyone I think.

There is a reason the Queen had Sophie fill in last week, because she is a hardworker and the Queen knew she could handle things.
Pr.Charles needs to think again about what he might be planning for the future.

[/URL]
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #98 on: March 14, 2013, 11:23:28 pm »

ITA SG it is time for Charles to realize that his little fantasy will not work because his little family wants to do the bare minimum.

I think the York Sisters do charity from the heart and not just to get recognition for doing royal duties. I think they would rather continue with their lives the way they have them set up as opposed to being royal workers. (working royals)  tehe there is not really such a thing.
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #99 on: March 15, 2013, 07:15:20 am »

I think Bea and Eugenie are strong members of the BRF. Bea has a kind heart and has charm and is a good speaker. Eugenie is still largely untested but I like her spirit in bringing Cressida into the fold - she is showing some feistiness after Waity's mean-spiritedness towards her sister.

I liked it when HM had Bea and Eug in her carriage at Christmas after WK And PW skived off to Berkshire. I really like the Yorks.

I like the York girls too. Eugenie does quite lot for the orthopedic hospital that treated her condition. She visits patients that have had the same treatment. On the day of the Christmas royal family gathering she had been at the hospital giving out presents in the morning. She also raised funds.

http://metro.co.uk/2012/06/10/princess-eugenie-raises-9000-for-charity-with-challenging-night-bike-ride-462184/

Eugenie does a lot for this charity and seems very passionate about it. That's something that Kate seems to lack, she's not passionate about a cause. She just seems to be going through the motions and although she smiles and grins there is nothing there. 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: