Royal Gossip
November 24, 2017, 02:48:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen Elizabeth II : Health Rumours  (Read 15749 times)
Nighthawk
Princess

« on: March 05, 2011, 11:53:23 am »

Chronic knee pain forces the Queen to give up horseriding
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1363202/Chronic-knee-pain-forces-Queen-horseriding.html#ixzz1Fj1Epv8a
The Queen has been forced to give up riding, her favourite pastime, because of chronic knee pain.
The condition has also meant that she has had to have a £1million lift installed at her Sandringham home, the Daily Mail has learned.
The Queen, 84, is understood to need an operation that could require up to four months’ recuperation.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 06:01:26 pm »

Oh no!  :(

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 06:19:41 pm »

For Heaven's sake, HM's health ought to be a priority. She shouldn't have to suffer. My grandmother recently had knee replacement surgery and is currently going through physical therapy. Although still sometimes painful at this point, much less so than prior to the surgery. HM needs to take care of herself first and foremost. Besides, she deserves the time off to recuperate. ...

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 10:12:24 pm »

Oh no  :(
I hope she gets the required surgery soon!
Four months off is not that bad!

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 03:24:46 am »

For Heaven's sake, HM's health ought to be a priority. She shouldn't have to suffer. My grandmother recently had knee replacement surgery and is currently going through physical therapy. Although still sometimes painful at this point, much less so than prior to the surgery. HM needs to take care of herself first and foremost. Besides, she deserves the time off to recuperate. ...

She needs to STOP pushing herself and also start living more comfortably. No more outdoor picnics in all sorts of weather and no more driving herself and she needs to start living more comfortably too. I'm more than sure that these recent messes are just KILLING her health too.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
June
Duchess

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 05:24:32 am »

Thanks Nighthawk.  thumbsup

It's the first I'd heard that HM and PP are going to visit Australia.  blink

It might be for support regarding the floods, I'd say. Thank goodness we aren't getting DUMBO and Waity!  Shocked
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 03:08:29 pm »

This woman deserves a REST! Put Lazy to work already.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 06:26:01 pm »

The problem with that is HM CAN"T send Lazy since Lazy would ruin it. So now HM has to soldier on in what should be her golden years.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 03:56:18 pm »

RoyalReporter Richard Palmer
She was OK handing out gongs this morning but the Queen has cancelled a visit to the British Museum tomorrow, blaming a heavy cold.

Courtiers say it's a precautionary measure - part of the visit is outside. HM will still host a reception for 350 Australians tomorrow pm.

Aides say the Queen's decision to cancel a visit tomorrow is precautionary. "She's fine but she's got a big trip to Australia next week."

nervous

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
benign
Duchess

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2011, 04:07:07 pm »

hope HM feels better.....good that shes taking a rest i mean Australia is far far far....
rogue
Duchess

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2011, 04:38:40 pm »

Lets hope William makes a phonecall to his beloved grandmother  legs I hope she will feel better soon.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2011, 05:34:18 pm »

hope HM feels better.....good that shes taking a rest i mean Australia is far far far....

I am seriously hopeful that this isn't anything serious, I really am. This is the first time in a long time she's canceled an engagement and I have to wonder just how she's going to make it, after all the stress and strain that she's been subjected to via her grandson William.

memyselfandroyals
Countess

Good and bad things return

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2011, 12:21:13 am »

It's time her grandchildren take their roles. HM needs to slow down.

All my comments/posts are only assumptions, thoughts and belifs. I don't make affirmations about facts i don't know about.

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2011, 12:53:09 am »

Lets hope that the doctors are playing it safe and let HM rest and it is indeed nothing serious, just a cold. As she's getting on in age, I think it's wise t play it safe and have her take it easy before her long trip to Australia. Long live HM. hug

Keep Calm and Carry On
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2011, 01:16:19 am »

It's time her grandchildren take their roles. HM needs to slow down.

I agree. Time for them to take on a huge share of duties and give her a rest from stress and work. She should be able to focus only on big trips and I wonder if this trip to Australia will be her last.

starlite
Baroness

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2011, 02:54:38 pm »

Exactly. They share the benefits of the monarchy. They should help support its burden.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2011, 05:12:27 pm »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/theroyalfamily/8824950/Queen-pulls-out-of-official-engagement-after-coming-down-with-a-cold.html

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2011, 01:16:44 am »

Exactly. They share the benefits of the monarchy. They should help support its burden.

The entire BRF has been basically mooching and enjoying the security that HM's work has created for them.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2011, 02:28:19 am »

^Exactly, and, in addition, every donor who has contributed and every organization who has participated.   There is an 'acceptance of involvement' that is immovable, otherwise, the whole org shifts away from the BRF, and stays there until proof of intent, on a rather large scale, is indicated and worthy.

But, back to topic.  My prayers are with HM and I hope with all my heart that this is a mere blip in her health issues.  She is the bastion of hope for the monarchy.  However, maybe this is a good warning shot over the bow for those who think they don't need to be involved.  IOW, get off your a$$ already. 

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2013, 07:39:47 pm »

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt
The Queen has cancelled a visit to Swansea tomorrow. She is suffering from gastroenteritis.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: