Royal Gossip
January 16, 2018, 07:45:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Duke & Duchess of Windsor  (Read 19928 times)
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2011, 04:03:21 am »

'The people who caused me most trouble were Wallis Simpson and Hitler': How the Queen Mother always saw Duke and Duchess of Windsor as outcasts
 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1370242/Queen-Mother-The-people-caused-trouble-Wallis-Simpson-Hitler.html#ixzz1HlVgnplW
Dahlia
Baroness

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2011, 01:42:59 pm »

Queen Mum was very bitchy  hide
Earl Grey
courtier

Last hope for the Windsors: Anne for Queen!

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2011, 06:03:32 pm »

At the time it was said that they did not want divorced Royal Highnesses 'floating around the cafes of Budapest'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1370242/Queen-Mother-The-people-caused-trouble-Wallis-Simpson-Hitler.html#ixzz1HovO2aGe

Almost right....it was Paris.

Sometimes it takes a little child to say what we have all been thinking
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2011, 06:32:10 pm »

She was right ot have Wallis denied the "HRH" nimbus.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2011, 06:40:45 pm »

She was HRH whatever they said.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2011, 02:03:04 pm »

The truth about Mrs Simpson: Banished by the royals, Wallis wrote secret love letters to the one husband who made her happy

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2023983/The-truth-Mrs-Simpson-Banished-royals-Wallis-wrote-secret-love-letters.html#ixzz1UXJgf4dx

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2011, 06:38:22 pm »

All dressed up with no place to reign: Unseen portrait of Edward VIII in royal robes after the Coronation that never was

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2072480/Unseen-portrait-Edward-VIII-royal-robes-Coronation-was.html#ixzz1g9sszVmh

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2011, 04:00:15 am »

I read about Wallace and apparently she was hounded by Edward to marry him and hse was supposedly happy with her second husband. I wonder if something might have been prevented if Queen Mary had talked to Wallace heart to heart about possibly ending this, that Edward might have successfully been shoved off.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2011, 10:24:53 pm »

WALLIS was a ghastly selfish person.

Edward was a mouse.

HM Queen Mary would never meet with her.. or Camilla, for that matter.

A good day for the UK and Commonwealth when he abdicated, although my own Grt Grandmother said she cried.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/2699035.stm
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 10:29:24 pm by Tatiana » Logged

Mada
Baroness

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2011, 10:55:37 pm »

I read a biography about her and it seemed like Wallis Simpson was a woman whose ambition was quite materialistic and was quite power-driven. She was not obliged to divorce her husband and accept the Prince's requests if what you read Kuei Fei is true.
She was known to be the one who was wearing the pants in the relationship so I guess she played her part quite well to make Edward madly in love with her...enough to even renounce his throne.  I guess they expected Germany would win the war and then they would have the throne of England back.

Even if you are in a minority of one. The truth is still the truth. An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody will see it. Mahatma Gandi
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2012, 11:36:27 am »

Why Wallis hated Marilyn and how the Duke of Windsor was a 'sad, small, pathetic figure': Memoirs of literary agent who mixed with politicians, royalty and some of the 20th Century's major authors

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2113756/Why-Wallis-Simpson-hated-Marilyn-Monroe-revealed-Charles-Picks-memoirs.html#ixzz1otxTksnB

anobserver
courtier

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2012, 01:56:49 pm »

Interesting read, Alexandrine, thanks! thankyou
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2012, 02:05:49 pm »

you're welcome!  flower

HC
Countess

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2012, 05:13:11 pm »

Oh that Wallis woman  Shocked
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2012, 11:43:33 pm »

Does anyone see a resemblance to this woman ?

http://www-hollywoodlife-com.vimg.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/042911_harry_pippa_19_XXXX_110429164004.jpg

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2012, 11:49:14 am »

A little in the pout and the squeezed eyes maybe..
Nose and chin are different though
http://www-hollywoodlife-com.vimg.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/042911_harry_pippa_19_XXXX_110429164004.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/03/12/article-2113756-11840822000005DC-549_296x231.jpg

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2012, 04:17:47 am »

.. thin.. brittle .. hard ..  winter

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2012, 04:22:34 am »

Say what you will, it's a fascinating piece of history and I find myself reading about it from time to time in an effort to get a handle on that period of time, which I find very interesting.  I don't know if she was ghastly or not; I'm not quite that old, nor have I ever met her, but she's definitely a person of interest.

I don't see that much of a comparison with Pipster, either.  Pippa has a kind of American Indian look about her, to me.  But, there is a similarity that they're both rather mannish.  That's about it.  Pippa certainly doesn't have the style Wallis had, and she did.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Mooster
Duchess

"William, stop worrying...the paps wouldn't dare!"

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2012, 02:17:47 pm »

Edward VIII: The Plot To Topple A King

An exploration of former archbishop of Canterbury Cosmo Gordon Lang's bid to remove the monarch on the grounds that his love for the twice-divorced American Wallis Simpson made a mockery of the Crown. Lang worked with Geoffrey Dawson, editor of The Times, and other establishment figures to bring pressure on prime minister Stanley Baldwin to force an abdication, but his public criticism of Edward eventually backfired and his efforts to make the country a more religious place were unsuccessful. Documentary featuring dramatic reconstructions with David Calder.

Today on C4 from 9:00pm to 10:00pm

Diana, Zac, Jemima, Ben and Sir James Goldsmith    

Mooster
Duchess

"William, stop worrying...the paps wouldn't dare!"

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2012, 12:43:45 pm »

Did anyone see this documentary?  It was chilling and clearly showed how the establishment and courtiers can get rid of someone they don't want.  It also showed how powerless their victim can be even if loved by the people  nervous  They were Machiavellian in their determination to oust the King.  William should take note  blink

Diana, Zac, Jemima, Ben and Sir James Goldsmith    

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: