Royal Gossip
June 29, 2017, 01:25:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Diana's Fashion, Style, & Beauty  (Read 78822 times)
india
Princess

« Reply #220 on: February 18, 2016, 06:52:01 am »

Well The Gaping Gurning Gesticulating Man Hands Bulbous Nose Potato Head sure as hell doesn't "get it".
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #221 on: February 18, 2016, 12:26:01 pm »

^^YM, I think it was both:  Diana had fashion sense on her own but also took advice from experts.  She took her appearance seriously as befitted her position.    There will never be another like her, despite Sophie Wessex sending articles to the DM proclaiming herself to be the new style queen.   I hope that Harry will find a wife who can come close both in dedication to duty and in style. 
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #222 on: February 19, 2016, 04:48:11 am »

I wonder if Ma bid on any if Diana's dresses that were auctioned?
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Countess

« Reply #223 on: February 19, 2016, 08:57:25 pm »

^If she did, one of them will show up wearing it in public before the year is out.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #224 on: March 07, 2016, 04:10:47 pm »

This is a nice link!

https://princessdianabookboutique.wordpress.com/page/93/

Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #225 on: August 27, 2016, 05:29:41 am »

Princess Diana is named the biggest style inspiration of all time - beating out everyone from Coco Chanel to Jackie Kennedy Onassis
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3760631/Princess-Diana-named-biggest-style-inspiration-time.html#ixzz4IVIGibOW

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #226 on: August 27, 2016, 10:16:51 am »

That's why I laugh when Waity is called a "fashion icon". Diana had her own style.

Little light
Baroness

« Reply #227 on: August 27, 2016, 11:11:21 pm »

^^^ Miss Hathaway

Thanks for the link.

I was scrolling through it and watched PD's entrance into the church when PW was being confirmed and saw PD's nude shoes. But at a more sensible height than Waityy's shoes.

Now I know why Waity wears them. I never did figure it out until you posted the link. Thank you.  thankyou
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #228 on: August 28, 2016, 12:15:06 pm »

PD always looked well put together once she got her style-footing. It it was more than that.  She brought enthusiasm, warmth and a human touch that is hard to top.

But, Coco will always be the tops for me because she broke so many barriers for women in the fashion world and she is owed much simply for inventing the cardigan. She's honestly in a category all her own as a designer in, at the time, an unknown world and a huge men's only club.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #229 on: September 24, 2016, 07:58:15 am »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/people/princess-dianas-best-fashion-moments-on-what-would-have-been-her/prince-charles-and-lady-diana-spencer-scotland-britain---may-198/

india
Princess

« Reply #230 on: September 24, 2016, 11:15:54 pm »

Diana would look younger today at 55 yrs old than The Sag Face Potato Head at her present age.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #231 on: September 24, 2016, 11:18:42 pm »

Diana's fashions were fantastic and she used new designers. Kate's style looks like 'bargain basement" but her outfits seem mostly to have high price tags.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #232 on: September 25, 2016, 03:09:26 am »

I like how Diana put in a sincere effort to look stylish and interesting and did her best to make an appearance memorable. HM never has flair and Kate looks like she's been broomed in from high school. Princess Anne never looks anything other than reluctant and frankly I dislike how Princess Anne seems to view looking nice and being cheery as being stupid. Diana might have been ditzy at times, but she appreciated people.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #233 on: September 26, 2016, 05:28:16 am »

I don't think Diana was ditzy at all. 

That is something Charles' camp has put out there.

She was an accomplished classical pianist, not many know that.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #234 on: September 26, 2016, 04:59:52 pm »

Diana was not 'ditzy.'
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #235 on: September 26, 2016, 09:24:23 pm »

I have no idea who or what is a fashion icon - Audrey Hepburn maybe?  Jackie?  Perhaps Grace Kelly?  I really do not think we have a great fashion icon right now.  When you look at women on the red carpet now they seem more often to go for shock and exposed skin than real style.  But what stands out for me still re:  Diana's fashion sense was that she put a total look together.  Hat, shoes, purse, suit or dress, jewelry all worked together to create her look.   Some women will get a great dress but then fail to finish the outfit.  This is Kate's great failing - she will wear for example that great look she had when arriving in Canada - the dress and hat but then the wrong shoes.  The beige heels she wore failed to carry the look down to her feet - not complete.  Shoes dyed to match would have finished the look. 

Diana also had a sense of whimsy - her love of polka dots for example and how she would use costume jewelry or the way she would repurpose jewels - such as using a necklace as a headband. 

So of course she is still number 1.
HRHOlya
Countess

« Reply #236 on: November 15, 2016, 01:04:29 am »

>> This shot of Diana in a white ballgown (above left) was taken in 1990, when I was working with the French photographer Patrick Demarchelier.

I’d been told we were shooting someone important for Vogue, and guessed it might be Margaret Thatcher — and then the Princess walked in.

I faked a short style for the shoot, using hair grips to tuck her shoulderlength hair under the tiara.

Afterwards, she asked me: ‘What would you do with my hair if I gave you free rein?’ Feeling brave, I said: ‘I would cut it all off.’

She was convinced immediately.

‘Let’s do it,’ she said. So I cut it off there and then. I had no idea what was about to ensue. The style became frontpage news and there were journalists camped outside my parents’ house — they had to move out for two weeks.

That was one of the cuts that women suddenly wanted. You saw it everywhere — on the High Street, on newsreaders — it was a real counterpoint to big Eighties hair, part of a sportier, more androgynous look, but, because it was Princess Diana, it was still hugely feminine.

I saw Diana every week when I was in London — we’d often watch Channel 4 soap Brookside at the palace together while I was doing her hair and I went on a number of her official trips.

She was fascinated by my work with supermodels and asked if she could meet Linda Evangelista and Liz Tilberis, Vogue’s editor at the time. I got a cafe in Knightsbridge to open specially for the meeting.

Diana would have been mortified if she’d known, so Liz got Vogue staff to pretend to be customers.

Linda, Liz and I discussed the private shoot that Diana had done earlier that week with me and Patrick Demarchelier, and how one shot would make a great Vogue cover.

In the end, this iconic image of her in a black turtleneck with short hair, resting her chin on her hands, was the cover in December 1991. She had just stopped biting her nails and was so proud of how they looked! <<

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3936408/The-day-gave-Diana-crop-styled-Cindy-Crawford-s-locks-Coca-Cola-hair-raising-confessions-celebrity-crimper.html

The pics mentioned:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/11/14/23/310426ED00000578-0-This_shot_of_Diana_in_a_white_ballgown_above_left_was_taken_in_1-a-27_1479167462594.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/11/14/23/0005362300000258-0-In_the_end_this_iconic_image_of_her_right_in_a_black_turtleneck_-a-28_1479167464603.jpg
Sophie
courtier

« Reply #237 on: November 15, 2016, 02:12:27 pm »

So beautiful.  So effortlessly regal.  I wish we could get her back.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #238 on: November 15, 2016, 02:14:52 pm »

^No kidding.  It's a pleasure just to rest my eyes on her. 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Joanna
gossip insider

Isabella of Portugal, Holy Roman Empress

« Reply #239 on: November 15, 2016, 03:00:32 pm »

She was everything a representative of a country should be and more. Classy, timeless elegance and beauty and poise an such a kind, compassionate lady. A humanist, a Queen of Hearts.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: