Royal Gossip
November 15, 2018, 12:42:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Diana's Fashion, Style, & Beauty  (Read 95795 times)
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #160 on: November 09, 2013, 02:13:04 pm »

Oh! Serene Grace I do too! they are the most beautiful, to me, in the entire world!
You might not know this but there are very few ( and I mean few) that can construct those British roofs here in the US. Out of curiosity I looked for them once and could only find like three men that had the knowledge of this craftsmanship.  flirt

BTW...It's too bad her ex husband totally ignored her, after all one thing will always bind them---Princess Diana's beautiful and fairy like wedding dress.

Thought that dress was overblown and kind of hideous; it wore her, not the other way around.   easter-sly
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #161 on: November 09, 2013, 02:27:03 pm »

I know a lot of people *despise* the dress, but I still love it, for some reason. It just seemed so Diana 1980's. I love the way she looks in it.  flirt

[/URL]
sandy
Princess

« Reply #162 on: November 10, 2013, 01:20:09 am »

Oh! Serene Grace I do too! they are the most beautiful, to me, in the entire world!
You might not know this but there are very few ( and I mean few) that can construct those British roofs here in the US. Out of curiosity I looked for them once and could only find like three men that had the knowledge of this craftsmanship.  flirt

BTW...It's too bad her ex husband totally ignored her, after all one thing will always bind them---Princess Diana's beautiful and fairy like wedding dress.

Thought that dress was overblown and kind of hideous; it wore her, not the other way around.   easter-sly

This was eighties fashion and nothing unusual about the style back then. I think Diana looked great.
india
Princess

« Reply #163 on: November 10, 2013, 02:50:06 pm »

Diana was a true fairytale princess. The dress and the wedding were incredibly beautiful.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #164 on: November 10, 2013, 04:00:35 pm »

India, agree totally.  A fairytale princess.  Unlike wasty cone boobs horror frock  -  maybe she had some input from Madonna  -  she does like the celebs doesn´t she  laugh laugh laugh
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #165 on: November 11, 2013, 02:58:44 am »

I loved Diana's wedding dress. It was beautiful.
Mon Roi Henry IX
Countess

« Reply #166 on: November 12, 2013, 03:43:12 pm »

^
I agree. The dress was beautiful... reminds me always of those fairy tale books I read when I was a little girl.
To me the dress of KM was blah! not ugly but nothing memorable, as Diana's dress will always be.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #167 on: November 12, 2013, 10:53:59 pm »

Princess Diana's most 'ornate and romantic' dress set to fetch up to £80,000 at auction
 Ball gown is from Emanuel's 1986 'Diaghilev' collectione
 Diana personally selected it at Red Cross benefit fashion show in 1986
 Diana wore it regularly to red carpet events and film premieres

Described as 'one of the most romantic of all Princess Diana’s gowns'

One of Princess Diana’s ornate dresses is set to fetch up to £80,000 at auction.

The ballgown from the Emmanuel 1986 'Diaghilev' collection has been described by Kerry Taylor Auction House, who are selling the ballgown, as 'arguably one of the most ornate, romantic of all Princess Diana’s gowns'.

Shimmering with gold sequins, crystals and pearl beads the dress was inspired by Leon Bakst's designs for Diaghilev's Ballets Russes and it comes with a matching headband, optional sleeve panels and petticoat

The Princess first caught sight of this dress, which will go under the hammer on December 3, at a Red Cross benefit fashion show in the summer of 1986.

She selected it from the twelve glittering gold and white creations that the Emanuels had sent for the occasion.

Unusually, the Princess acquired the show model, rather than specially commissioning another gown from the designers. 
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2502696/Princess-Dianas-Emanuels-Diaghilev-collectione-dress-set-fetch-80-000-auction.html

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
india
Princess

« Reply #168 on: November 12, 2013, 11:05:17 pm »

That gorgeous dress was purchased when it was initially auctioned off by a woman in Richmond, Va. USA. She paid around $20,000 for it. Nice return on her investment. If I owned that dress I would have a hard time giving it up.
RoyalWatcher
Baroness

« Reply #169 on: November 13, 2013, 01:21:38 am »

Its too ornate and it looks horribly uncomfortable. 

I liked Diana's style after the 1990's........clean, comfortable, modern.......then again, the 1980's fashions were horrendous for everyone.  But not as bad as the 70's with Disco and leisure suits.
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #170 on: November 13, 2013, 01:43:07 am »

Not my favourite. I like the white lace dress with cutaway arms.

http://www.smartredirect.de/ad/clickGate.php?u=Fo6Pr2As&m=1&p=0oAj48ggLw&s=&url=http%3A%2F%2Fprincessdianabookboutique.files.wordpress.com%2F2011%2F12%2Fdiana-white-lace.jpg
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #171 on: November 13, 2013, 06:11:53 am »

I miss Eighties fashion; kids dressed like kids and fashion was an art, not a set of cuts and modern fashions these days are just plain routine and borderline sterile. In the Eighties there was a real difference in dress and very little was 'same old same old.'

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #172 on: November 13, 2013, 06:14:21 am »

Diana's dress suited the occasion and she looked like a princess, not like Kate did; Diana showed she knew what sort of outfit the occasion called for and since then she rarely put a foot wrong. Kate showed up looking very suburban and basically blasphemed Westminster with her choice of outfit and decor.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #173 on: November 13, 2013, 09:30:40 am »

I like Sarah's better:

http://cdn01.cdnwp.celebuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/25/Prince-Andrew-Sarah-Ferguson-Wedding-Day-July-1986-London-England-01.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-oSRVdnnNqM4/TbmomICOGRI/AAAAAAAAFPo/W9nP-tWknYk/s640/Sarah%2BFerguson%25252C%2Bformer%2BDuchess%2Bof%2BYork.jpg

http://www.boho-weddings.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/85283789E583A5F73BBE1D14C70EE.jpg

and ... she had a cooler ring :

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-cNq4FIFOBoc/UQsgIlxL7NI/AAAAAAAATYs/rqYtoKVVNVc/s1600/_Sarah.jpg

http://picturespaintedbythesun.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/royal_couple-copy.jpg

http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2010/gallery/110510-fergie-edit-383.jpg

Sorry I just love Sarah  flirt.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 09:38:13 am by Jane23 » Logged
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #174 on: November 13, 2013, 11:16:39 am »

Sarah's dress was better in many ways, but I felt Diana's dress worked for the occasion too, It was unforgetable and larger than life, even with all it's mistakes, she created a stunning, iconic image.

[/URL]
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #175 on: November 13, 2013, 11:56:31 am »

Princess Diana's most 'ornate and romantic' dress set to fetch up to £80,000 at auction
 Ball gown is from Emanuel's 1986 'Diaghilev' collectione
 Diana personally selected it at Red Cross benefit fashion show in 1986
 Diana wore it regularly to red carpet events and film premieres

Described as 'one of the most romantic of all Princess Diana’s gowns'

One of Princess Diana’s ornate dresses is set to fetch up to £80,000 at auction.

The ballgown from the Emmanuel 1986 'Diaghilev' collection has been described by Kerry Taylor Auction House, who are selling the ballgown, as 'arguably one of the most ornate, romantic of all Princess Diana’s gowns'.

Shimmering with gold sequins, crystals and pearl beads the dress was inspired by Leon Bakst's designs for Diaghilev's Ballets Russes and it comes with a matching headband, optional sleeve panels and petticoat

The Princess first caught sight of this dress, which will go under the hammer on December 3, at a Red Cross benefit fashion show in the summer of 1986.

She selected it from the twelve glittering gold and white creations that the Emanuels had sent for the occasion.

Unusually, the Princess acquired the show model, rather than specially commissioning another gown from the designers. 
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2502696/Princess-Dianas-Emanuels-Diaghilev-collectione-dress-set-fetch-80-000-auction.html

I like her princessy dresses.  flirt

[/URL]
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #176 on: November 13, 2013, 01:28:12 pm »

^

When I think about Diana the image that comes to mind is the light blue suit and the short blue dress.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #177 on: November 14, 2013, 02:48:18 am »

^I know which suit you mean, and I do, too.

But,also, when I think of Diana, she's in a plain white shirt and slacks and still screams Princess. 

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
india
Princess

« Reply #178 on: November 14, 2013, 03:37:05 am »

Diana will eternally be the epitome of classic princess style.
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #179 on: December 03, 2013, 03:14:13 pm »

'Fairytale' dress worn by Princess Diana could sell for £80,000 at London auction
http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/446387/Dress-worn-by-Princess-Diana-and-designed-by-Emanuels-could-fetch-80-000-at-auction
The Emanuel Bakst-inspired ball gown, from their 'Diaghilev' collection, is going up for sale at Kerry Taylor's 'Passion for Fashion' auction in London and an estimate has been set at between £50,000 and £80,000.

Designed by the Emanuels, who also designed Diana's wedding dress, the frock shimmers with gold sequins, crystals and pearl beads, and comes with matching headband, optional sleeve panels and petticoat.

what a beautiful dress
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: