Royal Gossip
December 15, 2017, 12:04:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guardian Online, Up front- critique of KN book and WK/Wills relationship.  (Read 1939 times)
spookyboo
courtier

Long live HRH King Henry IX

« on: November 14, 2010, 05:25:32 am »

Will she or won't she? A prince's imminent betrothal reaches a literary crescendo. Plus, the internet "feminazi" who provoked a tsunami of misogyny

The ballad of Prince Will and "Waity" Katie this week reached a deafening, deadening crescendo, with Hello!'s cover ("The smiles that confirm engagement is near") and the extract of Katie Nicholl's new book in Vanity Fair. "The author takes the couple from their 2001 meeting… [to] the 'Aha' moment that turned friendship into romance," they tease. Aha! It's pleasing to note here that there are some factions of society that still hear this phrase as exclaimed by scientists in bubbling labs, or dukes out shooting grouse, rather than, as I do, the presenter of Norfolk Nights ambling comfortably along a well-lit dual carriageway. But I digress.

"As he bounded down the stairwell with his folders in his hands, William would often bump into the same brunette, who happened to have the same major. He had noticed her as soon as he arrived. It was hard not to." And so it begins. Nicholl's breathless story (an excerpt from William and Harry, Behind the Palace Walls) is not quite a fairy tale, more a Malory Towers-esque romp that coos over poshness as if it's a particularly impressive bruise. "Often William was invited to supper at [then-girlfriend] Carley's home," Nicholl writes, perhaps with a quill, "where he would step over her muddy Hunter wellington boots in the hallway."

Read More

Loyal Harry-ite#8
The Alley Cat...
courtier

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 01:47:56 am »

Seems like she's writing it off as some fan-fiction story, rather than a tell-all.
"As he bounded down the stairwell with his folders in his hands, William would often bump into the same brunette, who happened to have the same major. He had noticed her as soon as he arrived. It was hard not to." And so it begins. Nicholl's breathless story (an excerpt from William and Harry, Behind the Palace Walls) is not quite a fairy tale, more a Malory Towers-esque romp that coos over poshness as if it's a particularly impressive bruise. "Often William was invited to supper at [then-girlfriend] Carley's home," Nicholl writes, perhaps with a quill, "where he would step over her muddy Hunter wellington boots in the hallway."

bored3
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 02:20:18 am »

Yeah it does sound like a fanfic rather then a real story!  hall-Spell-check
She sounds a bit like that Skeeter woman in the Potter books!  laugh
KN at her best I guess 'shrug' sugary sweet, flirting with a station/doctor paperback drivel ick you know the ones, they always put a half naked guy and a blond bimbo holding each other in the moonlight on the cover!
Like this one!
http://www.harlequin.nl/WebRoot/StoreHarlequin/Shops/StoreHarlequin/4C80/BDE3/7440/C60A/F9B3/515D/34C4/EA37/9789036036474_m.jpg
(and I thought my lyrical descriptions were bad!   easter-lol)

On a side note: did you know cat's can snore?! huh mine does anyway, or rather he is snoring at the moment! sounds kinda funny tehe

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
spookyboo
courtier

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 06:06:57 am »

Nothing like self promotion.... and is it me or did they change the title of the book a bit??
Katie Nicholl's Big Apple Diary By Katie Nicholl
Add to My Stories A slim-looking Piers Morgan joined me at the New York launch of my new book, William And Harry Behind The Palace Walls.
The former Britain’s Got Talent judge turned CNN chatshow host put his svelte physique down to a punishing keep-fit regime.
‘My trainer is seriously putting me through the paces,’ said Piers.
‘He’s killing me with two-hour training sessions and a meat-and-two-veg diet. I’m the healthiest I’ve ever been.’
Piers, 45, was among New York’s movers and shakers at the party – hosted by publisher Harvey Weinstein – at downtown Cipriani, the Big Apple’s hottest spot.

Read more: DailyMail
@akasha... yes cats snore, wheez and even burp on occasion...  tehe  well at least mine do.  TCP baking cookies

Loyal Harry-ite#8
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 04:59:19 pm »

Nothing like self promotion.... and is it me or did they change the title of the book a bit??
Katie Nicholl's Big Apple Diary By Katie Nicholl
Add to My Stories A slim-looking Piers Morgan joined me at the New York launch of my new book, William And Harry Behind The Palace Walls.
The former Britain’s Got Talent judge turned CNN chatshow host put his svelte physique down to a punishing keep-fit regime.
‘My trainer is seriously putting me through the paces,’ said Piers.
‘He’s killing me with two-hour training sessions and a meat-and-two-veg diet. I’m the healthiest I’ve ever been.’
Piers, 45, was among New York’s movers and shakers at the party – hosted by publisher Harvey Weinstein – at downtown Cipriani, the Big Apple’s hottest spot.

Read more: DailyMail
@akasha... yes cats snore, wheez and even burp on occasion...  tehe  well at least mine do.  TCP baking cookies

What a name dropping freak.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
spookyboo
courtier

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 09:20:00 pm »

What do you bet, she followed Piers around all night asking him to have her on his show when he takes over for Larry King...  ick Shocked

Loyal Harry-ite#8
The Alley Cat...
courtier

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 03:44:55 pm »

Is it just me, or does it seem as though the Midd's leaked to KN so she could pimp her book>
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2010, 04:14:45 pm »

I think so too. Now Nichols is credible. I will not understand, if William is so strict about leaks, WHY didn't Kate get dumped? I thought that leaking was a no-no in royal circles and that Sarah (when) Spencer was dropped the minute she gave that dustman interview.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: