Royal Gossip
November 19, 2017, 03:01:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dutch Royal Family: News & Pics  (Read 55329 times)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #180 on: April 25, 2014, 04:37:48 am »

Members of the Dutch Royal Family attended a reception for the birthday of King Willem-Alexander (27 april) at the Royal Palace Amsterdam.

http://www.newmyroyals.com/2014/04/dutch-royal-family.html

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #181 on: April 26, 2014, 10:28:46 pm »

Kingsday 2014 Dutch Royal family
http://monarchypress.com/collection/1473-kingsday-2014-dutch-royal-family.html?page=1

GIF set
http://roodwitblauw.tumblr.com/post/83916129186/the-dutch-are-donning-crazy-orange-colored-outfits

tehe Queen Maxiam karate chopping a board
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 10:30:41 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #182 on: April 26, 2014, 11:53:56 pm »

Why the three girls wearing the same? The dress is cute but the oldest is 12 or so I would feel so embarrassed if I have to o that.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #183 on: April 27, 2014, 10:49:30 am »

I know and they often do that, photo sessions and all. It was cute when they were todlers, but they are getting a bit too old for it in my opinion. And indeed, Amalia is getting to an age when she might feel a bit uncomfortable with it. I know I would.
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #184 on: April 27, 2014, 11:15:47 am »

Prince Jaime , the youngest son of Princess Irene , got a daughter . His wife Viktoria Cservenyák Friday gave birth to Clara Zita

I have to say I don't know much about the Dutch RF other than the King and Queen and Queen Beatrix.

The other day I saw some tulips called Princess Irene. They were beautiful and whilst I could not carry them home I made a note to look for some bulbs later in the year.

I looked up Princess Irene and found out more about her. She spent time in the UK during the war and the QM was her godmother. Interesting lady and beautiful tulips (orange with a purple streak).
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #185 on: April 27, 2014, 07:33:24 pm »

Crown Princess Juliana and her daughters spend most of the time in Canada during WW II. Only in the first weeks of the war (from the time the war started in The Netherlands, May 10, 1940) the Crown Princess and her daughters were in London. I think this is also when Princess Irene, who was born in August 1939, was baptised. And with a baptism in the UK, a UK royal godmother only seems natural.

Queen/ Princess Beatrix also had a British godmother, Princess Alice of Albany, daughter of Prince Leopold of the UK and Princess Helena zu Waldeck und Pyrmont. Leopold was the youngest son of Victoria, Helena was a sister of Queen Emma, the grandmother of Crown Princess Juliana.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #186 on: September 23, 2014, 01:59:22 am »

Prince Floris & Princess Aimée and their children Magali, Eliane, Willem Jan
http://www.newmyroyals.com/2014/09/prince-floris-princess-aimee-and-their.html

cate1949
Princess

« Reply #187 on: September 23, 2014, 02:05:52 am »

last photo of the girls with the baby is charming
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #188 on: October 04, 2014, 08:01:47 pm »

Princess Laurentien starts Schoenmaatje campaign of Edukans
http://www.newmyroyals.com/2014/10/princess-laurentien-starts-schoenmaatje.html

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #189 on: November 10, 2014, 09:00:57 pm »

cute princesses but a little old for wearing all the same (coat)

http://www.newmyroyals.com/2014/11/dutch-royal-family-at-christening.html

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #190 on: November 11, 2014, 06:58:49 am »

People in The Netherlands have commented on that as well. It is nice when they are all below 6-7. But Amalia is almost 11. In my opinion it is the influence of Maxima who apparently thinks it is the 'royal way'. Before WWI all royal children were dressed the same way (including little boys in dresses  huh). But luckily times have changed and nowadays children get the opportunity to be their own person with their own preferences for clothes.
The sons of Beatrix and Claus never wore the same clothes IIRC.

And had my parents tried this on me and my sister, they would have had some massive uprising in the house.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #191 on: November 11, 2014, 07:02:19 am »

I really like the dutch royal family - they seem genuine and happy - my mom dressed my sister and I in coordinated outfits - different colors - slight variation in style but close.  I think in the younger girls it is okay - but the crown princess is old enough now that they could go for a different look for her
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #192 on: November 11, 2014, 08:01:14 am »

People in The Netherlands have commented on that as well. It is nice when they are all below 6-7. But Amalia is almost 11. In my opinion it is the influence of Maxima who apparently thinks it is the 'royal way'. Before WWI all royal children were dressed the same way (including little boys in dresses  huh). But luckily times have changed and nowadays children get the opportunity to be their own person with their own preferences for clothes.
The sons of Beatrix and Claus never wore the same clothes IIRC.

And had my parents tried this on me and my sister, they would have had some massive uprising in the house.

Mothers often do that with twins of the same sex. I often wonder if the twins themselves like it.
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #193 on: November 11, 2014, 01:41:05 pm »

It depends on the age I think. The moment they start to have their own opinion, they probably don't like it. I know several sets of twins and my experience is that the more they look alike, the more their tastes and personalities differ, and that includes their outfits.
Gaeaskywalker
Baroness

« Reply #194 on: February 24, 2015, 04:40:35 pm »

It's time for the annual photo session in Lech http://gpdhome.typepad.com/photos/lech_2007/index.html
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #195 on: March 17, 2015, 10:51:53 pm »

Dutch State visit to Denmark - Gala Dinner at Christiansborg Palace

http://www.newmyroyals.com/2015/03/dutch-state-visit-to-denmark-gala.html

King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima State visits Denmark
http://www.newmyroyals.com/2015/03/king-willem-alexander-and-queen-maxima.html

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #196 on: March 18, 2015, 02:42:51 am »

Dutch State visit to Denmark - Gala Dinner at Christiansborg Palace

http://www.newmyroyals.com/2015/03/dutch-state-visit-to-denmark-gala.html

King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima State visits Denmark
http://www.newmyroyals.com/2015/03/king-willem-alexander-and-queen-maxima.html

Very lively! Maxima is always full of beans and Daisy (Queen Margrethe) too, enjoys this sort of thing so much. Both the Dutch and Danish royals look delighted to be in each others' company from the photos I've seen. It's lovely to see.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #197 on: March 18, 2015, 03:15:06 am »

Will it be Maxima or Mary? Europe's most fashionable royals go head to head as Dutch visit to Denmark gets underway

It was hugs all round and a few curtsies too when the Netherlands' King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima arrived in Denmark this morning.

Waiting at Copenhagen's Kastrup Airport was the Scandinavian country's 74-year-old monarch, Queen Margrethe, her husband Prince Henrik, 80 and their son Crown Prince Frederik, 46.

But Maxima, glamorous in a grey coat by Dutch designer Claes Iversen, had serious competition in the style stakes from Australian-born Crown Princess Mary, 43, who was elegant in a nude coat and purple pillbox hat.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2998668/Princess-Mary-Denmark-resplendent-camel-wears-respectful-hat-observing-protocol-greets-King-Queen-Netherlands.html?login#readerCommentsCommand-message-field

They all look nice

Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #198 on: March 18, 2015, 07:59:28 am »

Very lively! Maxima is always full of beans and Daisy (Queen Margrethe) too, enjoys this sort of thing so much. Both the Dutch and Danish royals look delighted to be in each others' company from the photos I've seen. It's lovely to see.

Both the Dutch King and the Danish Queen have emphasized they look forward to this visit; a godson visiting his godmother.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #199 on: March 20, 2015, 12:33:21 am »

Now THAT'S a royal variety performance! The Queens of Denmark and Holland are entranced by bizarre show featuring semi-naked dancers

It's not every day that you find yourself sitting in the front row while a scantily clad dancer writhes in front of you but that is exactly what happened to the Netherlands' Queen Maxima last night.

The 43-year-old royal did, however, manage to keep a straight face during the modern dance performance which took place at Copenhagen's Royal Library.

Sat beside Denmark's Crown Prince Frederik, who also managed to look suitably interested, the royal was enjoying the second evening of a three-day state visit to Denmark.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3002327/Denmark-s-got-talent-Maxima-manages-straight-face-bizarre-cultural-performance-featuring-semi-naked-dancers.html

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: