Royal Gossip
April 21, 2019, 09:42:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Taxpayers to fund party for Royal Wedding's Palace rejects  (Read 2904 times)
Nighthawk
Princess

« on: February 24, 2011, 01:40:49 pm »

Taxpayers to fund party for Royal Wedding's Palace rejects
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1360015/Royal-wedding-Taxpayers-fund-party-Kate-Middletons-rejects.html#ixzz1Esq1YZO7
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 02:03:59 pm »

Kate is 'in the red' enough for her married life, but she keeps adding to the negatives. This is ridiculous and it's really insulting to divide two groups into VIP, then 'less important.' Why not invite all of them, to say the least about another expense for the taxpayers.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 03:42:59 pm »

Boy, this is a mistake.  If you're going to invite people, YOU pay for it.  It's that simple. 

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 03:45:29 pm »

If Kate were inviting business leaders and people who could help GB, then I am more than sure that people wouldn't mind paying, but isn't this BEYOND insulting to divide guests into two categories, one being the elite and the others the 'rejects'?

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 03:48:36 pm »

I'm not sure who's massaging the wordage 'rejects' or however it's felt to be at BP, but that division stops if the happy couple or whoever's in charge of this pays for the whole thing.  This gathering, if not, is indeed insulting.  Here, have a party for us, that we're not paying for.  God, they're stupid.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 03:50:11 pm »

So much for austerity.

Mada
Baroness

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 03:50:30 pm »

It's a disgrace really I don't get why and how HM The Queen has accepted to let her family get involved in such kind of bad story. And we would have thought this family would have learned the lesson with PC and Lady Di.
If PW wants so much privacy so why such a big wedding in the first place ? Is not even first in line to the throne ? And I don't care if he is Diana's son, because he is still 2nd in line to the throne.

Even if you are in a minority of one. The truth is still the truth. An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody will see it. Mahatma Gandi
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 04:07:46 pm »

And we would have thought this family would have learned the lesson with PC and Lady Di.

Do you know what I think the REAL lesson was?

That royals should NEVER marry for the sake of public relations, but marry someone who knows how to do the JOB and do it RIGHT!

Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2011, 04:14:41 pm »

I agree KF
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2011, 04:26:48 pm »

And what do the taxpayers get in return? Do the taxpayers get to enjoy a taxpayer funded street party? Do taxpayers get to enjoy free touring of the Palaces for a week? What about jobs? Is Kate and William bringing in jobs? (haha) ARe Kate and William going ot make some appearances in public after the ceremony?

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2011, 04:38:06 pm »

This beyond the pale. There's nothing to be gained from this marriage. What a waist of money and time.  hiss
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 04:41:09 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
Mada
Baroness

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2011, 04:48:36 pm »

And we would have thought this family would have learned the lesson with PC and Lady Di.

Do you know what I think the REAL lesson was?

That royals should NEVER marry for the sake of public relations, but marry someone who knows how to do the JOB and do it RIGHT!

WELL SAID !

They should fire all those who let that mess happen.

Even if you are in a minority of one. The truth is still the truth. An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody will see it. Mahatma Gandi
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2011, 05:00:54 pm »

Thanks for being so understanding.

I mean, the press married a messed up nineteen year old who had identity issues to a man who was deeply damaged and disturbed in his own way. That marriage wasn't one of the Palace or Spencers even, but the press meddling where they have no business meddling. the press has made themselves into a power they aren't supposed to be and while William and Kate look well enough now, it'll fall to pieces and when Kate starts doing damage to Britain, the public will start taking more charge of things and stop letting the media run their government and country.

I am sick of titles being demonized as the reason that marriages fail or are for some reason dysfunctional. It's because the marriages were made for treaties, money, land, jsut like these days it's public relations. No different only the princes are marrying commoners and not royalty.

Mada
Baroness

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2011, 05:54:40 pm »

No doubt you would be a great Private Secretary, KF.
I don't get how they can be so so dumb to believe than being modern is to play the same game than celebrity and listening to the press !

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2011, 06:13:15 pm »

Thank you Mada.

The taxpayers will fund these things until they blatantly march on Parliament and start making themselves heard ebyond commenting in the press. The press does after all pick and choose the comments that are published.

One thing I do know is that the House of Windsor was founded on PR, so I suppose it's only right it dies on PR. The Windsors should have stopped listening to the tabloid press nad started listening ot the respectable papers. If the respectable papers is not mentioning Kate, the RF should not worry about Kate. Since Kate was a tabloid darling, she should have been kept in the tabloid side of William's life. William could have dropped her and Kate owuld have been the joke. A few choice expose scandals and Kate owuld have been holing up in an underground bunker ot hide herself.

If the Windsors listen to the press instead of making sure that the people are getting through, there will still be a disconnect. The press might be all for this, but from what I can tell, not too many epople are thrilled with Kate being a bride and each burden on the taxpayers will get worse as her family climbs on.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: