Royal Gossip
October 17, 2018, 07:52:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Andrew's Scandal - Update: named in 'underage sex slave' lawsuit filed in U.S. court  (Read 81948 times)
June
Duchess

« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2011, 09:45:27 pm »

Exactly ... what arrant nonsense! These journos are a hoot ... the world still spins on its axis and most in this world don't give a damn about this wedding!  eightball

Here's a figure for these ignorant journos: how about .01% in the world care about this wedding?
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2011, 09:57:33 pm »

He isnt' being smeared or victimized by the press! Chelsy was smeared! Charles has been smeared! Anne has been smeeared! IF he were being so badly and unfairly treated, he wouldn't be up to claiming diplomatic immunity about this, but cooperating with the FBI and if I were him, I would be ordering an aide to make an appointment to meet them!

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2011, 11:30:18 pm »

They sold us the fairytale wedding of Charles and Diana as the union of a handsome prince (?) and  a beautiful young artistocratic virgin.
Now they are back with another fairytale wedding this time between a handsome prince and his commoner bride who met and fell hoplessly in love as university students. Trying to give it a modern edge. It's still a fable the media are trying to sell us.

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Ella
Countess

« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2011, 12:16:13 am »

If you check the newest DM article (Don't know where it is on here), his PA pleaded the fifth as to if he had sex with underaged girls. He's screwed.
Ella
Countess

« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2011, 12:37:32 am »

his meaning Epstein's. I suck at this...Wow, Andrew's been really messing up for a few years. How could be in the presence of girls younger than his daughters and not think something was wrong?
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2011, 12:42:07 am »

The Duke of York and a threat to the Monarchy

It is increasingly difficult to see how the Duke of York can continue to act as an official envoy of the British Government.

In recent days, he has been criticised openly and legitimately in the House of Commons, which is usually very reluctant to allow discussion of the Monarchy, for his past and present business links.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1363398/The-Duke-York-threat-Monarchy.html#ixzz1FrzqoZzS

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2011, 12:46:48 am »

We'd shed no tears for him: Minister reveals lack of support for Andrew as pressure grows to quit

The Duke of York is under growing pressure to resign as Britain’s trade ambassador or face a humiliating reduction of his globe-trotting role.

As the Jeffrey Epstein scandal intensified, unease was deepening in the Cabinet with ministers privately suggesting they would ‘shed no tears’ if the prince fell on his sword.

Yesterday came the first indications that his role as special representative for UK Trade and Investment could be downgraded if he refuses to budge

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1363668/Wed-shed-tears-Minister-reveals-lack-support-Andrew-pressure-grows-quit.html#ixzz1Fs0zwq6r

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2011, 12:48:22 am »

Why wasn’t Andrew  saved from himself?

As more details emerge of his friendship with a billionaire alleged paedophile, it would be an understatement to say that Prince Andrew finds himself in an increasingly difficult position.

The only wonder is that nothing was done to bring his conduct into line  years ago, before it could threaten to compromise the good name of the country and monarchy he represents.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1363639/Why-wasn-t-Andrew-saved-himself.html#ixzz1Fs1K1c3P

I am more than sure the courtiers warned Andrew well of it, stupid pig just didn't listen.

Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2011, 01:09:15 am »

He's in his 50's if he can't save himself at his age then there is a huge problem.  He's a grown man even if he's a "Prince" he must answer for his stupidity just like anyone else IMO
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2011, 01:15:53 am »

He has no business being a trade ambassador, he has no business representing the RF nor the country IMO He needs to step down and go find a hole to hide in IMO
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2011, 01:30:03 am »

I swear to God, he gets worse and worse. This isn't about bad press, but a FELONY CRIME that will likely blow up in the US as well.

Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2011, 01:41:16 am »

I read a comment on a yahoo article the other day that point blank stated some people view Britain as the most corrupt government/realm in the Western world. The MP's can't pull a holier than thou attitude now. And honestly, Andrew is a product of his environment and culture. Such doesn't make his conduct okay and he should be held accountable for any impropriety and/or inappropriate activities. However, it's the business culture of our globalized economy that has to change just as much as it is Andrew. ...

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2011, 02:30:16 am »

Once HM is gone, the gloves are going to come off.  He's hiding behind her skirts, which I think is deplorable, but seems to be the case.  From a world-wide point of view, the monarchy's image keeps nose-diving and I am becoming less and less impressed with the lot of them.  However, having listened to my lawyer-son forEVER, let's see what the FBI comes up with and any other investigations, which I have no doubt will be unpleasant.  He should save face NOW, but that doesn't seem to be the way that group works.  It's deny, deny, deny to the death.  Amazing.

No matter what, HM needs this like another upstart marrying into the family.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2011, 02:38:27 am »

Yep, KF.  That's the only wise strategy to take, but it doesn't seem to be the path chosen.  Fine.  Let the chips fall where they may, but what senseless behavior.  I'm all for understanding the political machine and you have to deal with unpleasant people from time to time, but this is a different arena.  The whole point of the monarchy is to be an oasis of dignity and reserve, and this is just sloppy, greedy and tawdry.  Throwing KM and the Middletons into this is another mess to clean up later.  I, right now, at the end of a very long day of having to actually work to keep my life in order, have zero tolerance.

It'll be better tomorrow.   flower

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Ella
Countess

« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2011, 02:41:33 am »

I can't agree with the article. He's 50. 50, not 5, not 15, not even 25. He should know better. No one needs to save him, nor should anyone be responsible for saving him. If we say anyone should have "saved" him from his dumb self, it should have been his mother and matriarch of the family, not someone on his payroll. Obv. once you're an adult, only you can answer for your actions, but it seems like he was raised with no values whatsoever. Who has to be told not to hang out with the kind of crowd he runs with?

In one of the newer articles, it says that one of his deals makes the royals millions. HM never cared that said deal might not be on the up and up when it was helping line her pockets. Maybe it's too harsh, but she's protected him from these articles for years, I hope she doesn't turn her back on him and will lose respect for her if she does. If I let my dog nip and bite people, I can't be pissed or divert blame when he mauls someone, I let him get away with it and it's a failure and reflection on me since I'm responsible for his behavior.

Equally, we appreciate it would be unreasonable to expect him, simply by virtue of his birth, to have special gifts of intellect, diplomacy or judgment.
^That bothers me. If you're enjoying privileges by the virtue of your birth, you best damn well prove you deserve them, you can't take all the perks then whine when people expect you to be better by the same virtue.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2011, 02:44:00 am »

HM simply cannot protect him. If the FBI wants him, it may well result in the Prime Minister convening parliament and then ordering Andrew to cooperate and I think it's well nigh time that the MPs start putting these arrogant pigs in their place. Andrew and anyone else was a FOOL to think that Parliament would support him, being friends with a convicted sex offender indeed! HM will have to hand Andrew over, even if it means taking HM down, Parliament may well do it.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2011, 02:46:39 am »

I'm more than sure that the courtiers told him, but he stupidly didn't listen, likely fancying that the Court would clean up his mess, just like they do ALL THE TIME for the RF. Or that ti would blow over or that he wouldn't get caught, things like that.

True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2011, 12:18:18 pm »

Roy Greenslade is a former and respected editor of the Daily Mirror and now writes a media column in the Guardian's media section which is closely followed by all pro journalists. He is questioning why it took so long for the press to pick up on the Andrew story.

It would seem His Royal Sleeziness is insisting on going ahead with a "trade mission" to Saudi Arabia in the next few weeks. Even though he's up to his neck in scandal and the Saudis are arming up to repel the growing unrest from its highly supressed citizens.

And he concludes:
"And, for the record, I am given to understand that if the muckrakers rake a little more, there is more muck to be found."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/greenslade/2011/mar/07/prince-andrew-national-newspapers

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Anne-Elliot
Countess

Lady Mary Crawley

« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2011, 12:26:52 pm »

Surely he can't go ahead with the Saudi visit?  It would be farcical - the press will be all over the trip!   
If PA had a shred of decency, he would recognise the embarrassment he was causing HM & step down.   I dread to think what else the press will dig up.......

June
Duchess

« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2011, 12:39:37 pm »

He has clearly always been arrogant, but he is just being exposed now. I remember when he made some offensive comment re banking executives fat salaries, options and bonuses - he wouldn't retract or apologise for that, either.  thumbsdown
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: