Royal Gossip
May 28, 2017, 05:42:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Kent Family: News and Photos  (Read 32975 times)
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #160 on: January 13, 2014, 04:15:48 am »

I can't sympathize with this family... if the business is doing so bad, most people in the "real world" would call it quits and find something else that would bring them income.  Poor things can't go out to eat most people who support themselves and family can't do that themselves.  Where's my smallest violin I'll play them a sympathy song.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #161 on: January 15, 2014, 04:20:56 pm »

Today is the 69th birthday of Her Royal Highness Princess Michael of Kent. Over the years, Princess Michael (whose real name is Marie-Christine) has become the subject of fascination to many for some of the most baffling, intriguing and humorous quotes from a member of the Royal Family.

1 On her lineage and her ancestors,
“Sometimes people say, “Oh well, we all descend from Adam and Eve.” But do you descend from Charlemagne directly? Do you descend from Saint King Louis IX?.. I do.”
2 On planning for the future to her husband Prince Michael,
“If you died first, I have to think about whether I’d stay here or go back to Austria.” I’m allowed to stay here – if I pay the rent!’

http://www.royalcentral.co.uk/blogs/insight/princessmichael-22175

5 On family and breeding,
“The English take the breeding of their horses and dogs more seriously than they do their children. God forbid that the wrong drop of blood should get into their labrador. But their children marry everywhere.”

tehe too easy
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 04:22:58 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #162 on: January 26, 2014, 04:54:13 am »

Princess Pushy: Old Royals are 'boring' and as for Diana...She was 'uneducated'

PRINCESS Michael of Kent was under fire last night for branding older members of the Royal Family "boring" in an interview to promote her new book.

In an astonishing outburst, she also described Princess Diana as uneducated and said she could not cope with fame because she did not have a strict mother.

Princess Michael, who recently celebrated her 69th birthday, made her comments during a bizarre chat with disgraced media tycoon Conrad Black on Canadian TV.

Dubbed Princess Pushy, she has a history of making headlinegrabbing comments when trying to whip up interest in her books on European royalty.

She began the interview, however, by insisting she could not talk about Britain's Royal Family.

Then, when asked about William and Kate, she said: "Of course we're thrilled to have a beautiful young married couple with a baby.

"Let's hope there are more marriages soon because I think to have that young generation is terribly good for the people. The people love to see happy young people and I think the older generation are a bit boring for most people."

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/456121/Princess-Michael-of-Kent-says-old-Royals-are-boring-and-Princess-Diana-was-uneducated

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

FortressODaveBarry
Duchess

« Reply #163 on: January 26, 2014, 05:52:33 am »

^I stopped taking her seriously years ago, after "go back to the colonies" and "I dressed as a half black person to understand their experience"
Polonia
gossip insider

« Reply #164 on: January 26, 2014, 02:01:41 pm »

MC wasn't saying she found the older members of the Royal Family boring but merely stating that the public in general do - sadly I think this is true and that we live in a youth obsessed culture.

Also it is interesting to note that MC is giving this interview with Conrad Black - MC has remained a loyal friend of Conrad Black and his wife Barbara Amiel throughout their troubles when most people in what is called society dropped them like a hot brick. These people who dropped the Blacks were those who had feasted and drank at their table and in some cases owed their careers and promotions to them.   

Re MC's remarks re Diana - it is true that Diana's mother was absent due to the divorce and remarriage. It is true to say a good solid education does ground people.

Many people have sought to give reasons as to how Diana's life could have been better managed (a clumsy choice of words but I can't express it any better) - Just after her death i  their memorial edition C
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #165 on: January 26, 2014, 02:50:50 pm »

I saw the interview and she actually had nothing but nice things to say about Di and she never said old Royals were boring just that the public found them boring she was speaking nothing but the truth !!!  shifty
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 02:54:03 pm by Jane23 » Logged
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #166 on: January 26, 2014, 05:35:33 pm »

Diana was 'uneducated' and the older royals are 'boring': Astonishing outburst by 'pushy' Princess Michael
 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2546168/Diana-uneducated-older-royals-boring-Astonishing-outburst-pushy-Princess-Michael.html#ixzz2rWji5mE1
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #167 on: January 30, 2014, 11:03:07 pm »

Lord Conrad Black responds to the criticisms of the Daily Mail over his interview on theZoomer with Princess Michael of Kent
http://thezoomertv.com/videos/lord-black-princess-michael-kent-rebuttal/

Queen of the Hill
courtier

Harry-ite #29

« Reply #168 on: January 30, 2014, 11:39:26 pm »

yeahright I'm not buying any of these "austerity" articles.  This all sounds to me like priming.

"Throughout the centuries there were men who took first steps, down new roads, armed with nothing but their own vision."

Ayn Rand
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #169 on: March 08, 2014, 12:56:18 am »

Banksy in the ranks-y: Prince Michael of Kent inspects female soldier at passing out parade... but fails to notice her rebellious 'Molotov cocktail' tattoo
 Female soldier sports iconic tattoo on her leg at her passing out parade
 But luckily for her commanding officer Prince Michael failed to spot it
 The tattoo is of one of the elusive graffiti artist's most celebrated pieces

It depicts a man in a riot preparing to hurl a bunch of flowers

Army regulations prohibit tattoos of 'an excessive political nature'

Rules state tattoos should not be visible while the soldier is in uniform
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2575866/All-present-correct-Dont-Banksy-Prince-Michael-Kent-inspects-female-soldier-passing-parade-misses-tattoo-artists-molotov-cocktail-graffiti.html

Kahleigh
courtier

« Reply #170 on: April 06, 2014, 11:41:13 am »

So Princess Alexandra of Kent and family attended the launch of Julia Ogilvy’s new book
A reception and debate to celebrate the publication of 'Women in Waiting, Prejudice at the the Heart of the Church' by Julia Ogilvy was held at St.James's Church, 197 Piccadilly, London on 11th March 2014.
James and Julia Ogilvy
http://donfeatures.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/TFP-Women-in-Waiting-Prejudice-at-the-the-Heart-of-the-Church/G0000_onEajI6OS0/I000076fy167wmjo/C0000F2zU3VLZtfg
Julia Ogilvy and her godfather the Rt. Rev. Michael Turnbull
http://donfeatures.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/TFP-Women-in-Waiting-Prejudice-at-the-the-Heart-of-the-Church/G0000_onEajI6OS0/I0000D7ISSAfLr2Q/C0000F2zU3VLZtfg
Flora, James and Julia Ogilvy
http://donfeatures.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/TFP-Women-in-Waiting-Prejudice-at-the-the-Heart-of-the-Church/G0000_onEajI6OS0/I0000EG3tbUoZwBw/C0000F2zU3VLZtfg
http://donfeatures.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/TFP-Women-in-Waiting-Prejudice-at-the-the-Heart-of-the-Church/G0000_onEajI6OS0/I0000BWfVeFwzlE4/C0000F2zU3VLZtfg
Princess Alexandra and granddaughters Flora Ogilvy and Zenouska Mowatt
http://donfeatures.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/TFP-Women-in-Waiting-Prejudice-at-the-the-Heart-of-the-Church/G0000_onEajI6OS0/I00009WSNnq6uttc/C0000F2zU3VLZtfg
http://donfeatures.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/TFP-Women-in-Waiting-Prejudice-at-the-the-Heart-of-the-Church/G0000_onEajI6OS0/I0000bSQksVQtK4o/C0000F2zU3VLZtfg
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #171 on: April 06, 2014, 03:15:41 pm »

So what's the news is Princess Alexandra well or not?

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Snowpea
Countess

« Reply #172 on: April 09, 2014, 01:53:27 am »

Princess Alexandra is 6 feet tall: just how tall ARE her granddaughters?  blink
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #173 on: April 09, 2014, 02:45:57 am »

I didn't realize she was so tall!!
Snowpea
Countess

« Reply #174 on: April 13, 2014, 05:47:48 pm »

Harry right now doesn't need that apartment it seems he spends his time traveling , at his base and at his father's where he always lived him searching for a bigger place at KP will happen well into the future ...
judge
I wonder what Princess Michael could say about Willy, Harry and friends?  Don't hold back, babe.  eating cookies judge

CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #175 on: April 13, 2014, 08:09:23 pm »

Oh I was Marie Christine would just cut loose on W&W!! It would be a fun read. tehe
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #176 on: May 29, 2014, 07:24:53 pm »

Princess Michael of Kent to present history lessons via YouTube
Princess Michael of Kent, member of the Royal Family and now a historical novelist, plans to promote her work via YouTube
Princess Michael of Kent is planning her own YouTube channel to promote her debut as a historical novelist.

The princess appeared at the Hay Festival to discuss her fiction debut, a 15th century royal romance called The Queen of Four Kingdoms.

It is the first of a trilogy.

In order to boost sales, she is embracing online marketing and making a series of two-minute videos on the periods of history covered in her books.

"This is an experiment I'm trying out, to make these little videos," she explained.

"I thought my website first but, who knows, maybe YouTube if they're good enough."

The Queen launched her own YouTube channel in 2007 but Princess Michael will be the only other member of the Royal Family to appear on the site.

The subject of her novel is one of the 69-year-old princess's distant forebears, Yolande of Aragon.

It is her first foray into fiction after publishing three non-fiction books. "I have to tell you, I've always been rather snobby about historical fiction," she said.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/hay-festival/10863840/Princess-Michael-of-Kent-to-present-history-lessons-via-YouTube.html

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #177 on: May 29, 2014, 08:15:31 pm »

^This sounds like an interesting read.  No?  Anybody read a portion anywhere?  It sounds like it could be a page-turner.    :thankyou:Fly

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #178 on: July 17, 2014, 09:19:13 am »

Brave Prince Michael of Kent speaks out about his secret battle with prostate cancer
   Grandson of George V, 72, underwent surgery for prostate cancer
    Prince confirms details off illness in support of others with the disease
    Queen's cousin was diagnosed early and treated successfully, aide confirms
    40,000 men in Britain each years are affected by prostate cancer
    One in eight will develop the illness, which is most common in over-65s
    Prince's wife Marie-Christine, 69, was treated for skin cancer in 1999
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2695039/Brave-Prince-Michael-Kent-speaks-secret-battle-prostate-cancer.html#ixzz37iBvEIpr

cate1949
Princess

« Reply #179 on: July 17, 2014, 09:35:14 am »

lucky man it was found early
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: