Royal Gossip
December 17, 2017, 11:45:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Belgian Royal Family: News & Pictures  (Read 71023 times)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #420 on: May 26, 2015, 09:46:06 pm »

Queen Mathilde attended the opening of Edegem Hospital
http://www.newmyroyals.com/2015/05/queen-mathilde-attended-opening-of.html

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Tpearl
gossip insider

« Reply #421 on: June 17, 2015, 02:24:02 am »

Interesting.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #422 on: September 15, 2015, 01:38:56 am »

Belgium Royals attend gala concert of King Baudouin foundation
http://www.newmyroyals.com/2015/09/belgium-royals-attend-gala-concert-of.html

King Philippe bring his children to school
http://www.newmyroyals.com/2015/09/king-philippe-bring-his-children-to.html

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #423 on: October 14, 2015, 09:07:56 pm »

Mathilde looks so gorgeous here www.newmyroyals.com/2015/10/king-philippe-queen-mathilde-visits.html and a new tiara for her!

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #424 on: November 05, 2015, 08:58:04 pm »

New Official photos of Elisabeth, Gabriel, Emmanuel & Eléonore
http://www.newmyroyals.com/2015/11/new-official-photos-of-elisabeth.html

Queen Mathilde and King Philippe at the conference Belgium in the UN
http://www.newmyroyals.com/2015/10/queen-mathilde-and-king-philippe-at.html

Liquorice
Baroness

« Reply #425 on: December 01, 2015, 05:41:01 pm »

https://translate.google.fr/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ouest-france.fr%2Fbretagne%2Fquiberon-56170%2Fbelgique-le-roi-philippe-quiberon-pendant-lalerte-bruxelles-3881855&edit-text=&act=url

While Brussels spent in maximum security alert during anti-terrorist police operations span the weekend of 21 and 22 November, the King and Queen of the Belgians, themselves, were at thalassotherapy in Brittany.

[...]

The King and the Queen had booked with aliases

The picture published Wednesday in Le Canard Enchaîné should show, according to our colleagues of le Soir, King Philip "in bathrobe and sipping a cocktail."
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #426 on: December 01, 2015, 07:23:08 pm »

gosh I cannot imagine Phillipe in a bathrobe sipping a cocktail at all

I was wondering but they were doing meanwhile the high alert in Belgium but it seems strange that they stayed in France.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Liquorice
Baroness

« Reply #427 on: December 02, 2015, 08:11:40 am »

Here is the picture Alexandrine :

https://twitter.com/GillesKLEIN/status/671949381164212224
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #428 on: December 02, 2015, 04:16:33 pm »

thank you, first time I saw them I LOLed really hard.

this one is the best

http://r5.ldh.be/image/c5/565dedff35709322e7149ec5.png

However, though this would only be really funny in another conditions that it was meanwhile there was a high alert on Belgium is not a funny thing at all. This is the very first step these two have failed and it couldn't have been worse. Leaving the country in those conditions is not going to make him popular at all. His popularity is going to sink.

Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #429 on: December 02, 2015, 08:46:06 pm »

The state of emergency was declared on Saturday and from the Dutch press I understand that the King had travelled to France on Thursday already. So he didn't leave AFTER or while the state of emergency was declared, he was already out of the country.

Yes, he could have travelled back on Saturday but perhaps he was adviced not to by the secret service or police. We don't know what happened exactly and for security reasons the government won't say anything about it.
Akasha 85
courtier

« Reply #430 on: December 08, 2015, 10:42:19 am »

To be honest I'm glad he was out the country already!
Securing him and his posse would have been a logistic nightmare during level 4!
It would have drawn police/army away from places that needed the protection more.
He remained in contact with ministers all the time if things went really south he was close enough to swiftly return if needed.

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

“To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.”
― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

“Four things you can't recover:
The stone after the throw, The word after it's said, The occasion after it's missed, The time after it's gone.”
― Deanna Wadsworth
My2Pence
gossip insider

« Reply #431 on: December 08, 2015, 04:51:42 pm »

Isn't it likely that additional French forces were required to keep them safe on foreign soil? Or that additional Belgian forces had to be sent to that location?  Especially after the alerts were issued?  Something like these events happen, a trail leads to your country, and you head off on vacation?

By being out of the country and away from secured royal properties, they required extra protections.  Evenmoreso as events continued to develop. IMO, they should have returned home immediately, in fact they should never have left. Your country is under attack and you continue to hang around a French spa, clearly experiencing no stress, while your country and your four children are without you?

BTW, the closeness of these photos make it look like an inside job.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #432 on: December 08, 2015, 04:59:33 pm »

I believe french forces didn't understand why they stayed after the Paris attack. But I don't read french so I cannot find the sources.

Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #433 on: December 08, 2015, 05:32:42 pm »

They didn't 'stay' after the French attacks. During the French attacks, the couple was in Belgium.

On November 13 (the day of the attack) the King opened a fourth levy in Lanaye (Wallonia).
On November 16, the Monday after the attacks, the King had a meeting with the Belgium prime-minister.

It was only the weekend after, November 20-November 22, that the King and Queen were in Bretagne, which is some 400 km away from Paris. And as a rather rural area, it isn't high on the targets for any extremist group.

The state of emergency was declared on November 21 when the couple was already in France. Moving back to Belgium, having them travelling into a city-under-siege, would have distracted the local security forces. In cases like this, it is a standard-operating-procedure to not move high-profile people (targets) into a dangerous area. And with todays modern communication equipment, the King and PM were in close contact I understand.

Akasha 85
courtier

« Reply #434 on: December 08, 2015, 07:24:16 pm »

Exactly  thumbsup

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

“To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.”
― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

“Four things you can't recover:
The stone after the throw, The word after it's said, The occasion after it's missed, The time after it's gone.”
― Deanna Wadsworth
My2Pence
gossip insider

« Reply #435 on: December 08, 2015, 07:59:02 pm »

You are welcome to your opinion, I am welcome to mine.  Having useless foreign royals needing extra protections in the midst of everything else? That leads me to think it was the French guards who were so furious that they are the ones who leaked the photos. Or their Belgian guards who were also furious at the behavior of their new king.

IMO, they should never have left Belgium, and they should have returned immediately once the situation deteriorated further. Getting them home safely, and out of France's hair, was more important than keeping extra French forces engaged in protecting useless foreign royals who wanted to hang around a spa instead of being a centering force for their people in a time of terror.  They can be far better secured in Belgium, no matter what temporary inconvenience would have ensued. Looking at the pictures it is clear to me, they haven't a care in the world. At a time like this, photos like that are incredibly damning.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #436 on: December 08, 2015, 08:16:58 pm »

^I agree though they went before it happened and second the photos are also from before.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #437 on: December 17, 2015, 08:01:31 pm »

Belgium Royal Family at The annual Christmas Concert

http://www.newmyroyals.com/2015/12/belgium-royal-family-at-annual.html

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #438 on: December 23, 2015, 04:10:40 am »

Belgian Royal Family - Christmas Card 2015
http://www.newmyroyals.com/2015/12/belgian-royal-family-christmas-card-2015.html

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #439 on: January 27, 2016, 02:12:24 am »

Belgian Royals Met With Heads of International Delegations
http://www.newmyroyals.com/2016/01/belgian-royals-met-with-heads-of.html

Queen Mathilde and King Philippe at the World Economic Forum 2016
http://www.newmyroyals.com/2016/01/queen-mathilde-and-king-philippe-at.html

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: