Royal Gossip
June 27, 2017, 11:33:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Princess Royal and Tim Laurence: News and Pictures  (Read 20298 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2014, 02:18:49 am »

William's 'service' was quite frankly tokenism.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2014, 02:40:08 am »

Charles captained a minesweeper - went out to sea - no small feat that

I suspect that if Will today had been involved in some sort of Irish Guards activity as their colonerl he would have worn his guards uniform - Charles is colonel of a parachute regiment whatever - hence he wore his uniform because his guys were there -

this all just made me wonder - why are there no Dunkirk evacuation commemorations  at Dunkirk?  Or are there?
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2014, 03:24:09 am »

I seem to remember there were 50 year Commemoration ceremonies at Dunkirk in 1990, but I could be dreaming!
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2014, 01:18:18 pm »

Princess Royal in Dewsbury - but media banned from reporting visit until she left
http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/princess-royal-dewsbury---media-7374552
Royalists were left disappointed after a “secret” visit to Dewsbury by the Princess Royal.
Princess Anne attended a conference on restorative justice and criminal payback at Dewsbury Town Hall yesterday – but no-one could know until she had left.
The event, organised by Kirklees Council, was embargoed with an unusual media ban imposed. Normally journalists are free to cover Royal visits.

The precinct in front of Dewsbury Town Hall was virtually deserted as the Royal cavalcade with police motorbike out-riders swept in.
In a document from Kirklees Council’s press office headed in red: “PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL – Press release embargoed until 12 noon Friday 4th July” the media was invited to attend the Princess’s arrival – all one minute and 15 seconds of it.
The letter said “an area will be designated for press” – but only two journalists, including one from the Examiner, turned up to jostle for position.
The letter went on: “Once the arrival is over press will not (underlined) be allowed inside the building but the council are providing an official photographer who will be taking ‘working’ photographs for the duration of the event.
“A restricted number of these will be shared afterwards with the press for them to support their press release/own arrival photographs.”
A council official at the event told the Examiner the embargo and reporting ban had been insisted upon by the “Royal press office.”
However Buckingham Palace was mystified over the media ban and a Royal spokesman said: “This visit has been openly listed in the future engagements section on the Royal website for the last eight weeks.
“There are no restrictions on reporting on the event from the Royal Household.”
Kirklees Council said the event was “not a public Royal visit.”
In a statement a spokesman said: “We were delighted that the Princess Royal was able to visit Kirklees and see at first hand the excellent work of our partnerships in restorative justice and helping victims of crime.
“The Princess was extremely well informed, and had detailed discussions with us about our work, and restorative justice is something she clearly takes very seriously.
“This was not a public royal visit but a visit to Dewsbury as patron of the Restorative Justice Council, and was organised to allow her to meet those people making a big difference locally, as well as some of the victims of crime.
“We apologise to members of the public who would have liked to have seen the Princess but were not able to witness her visit on this occasion.”
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #84 on: July 06, 2014, 02:06:51 pm »

^For me, this doesn't seem like a Princess Anne-driven thing but more internal politics at work but perhaps I'm reading this wrong.  PA is super active in her duties and I don't recall her being big on public fanfare but a blockage doesn't seem like her thing, either.  That's just bad PR. 

What stands out in this article, though, for me, are the people's life status mentioned who commented:  a person on their way to a secondhand store, a pensioner and someone out paying their bills.  All normal activities, I get that, but if the intent was to not-so-subtly send a message or class distinction, they succeeded.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #85 on: July 06, 2014, 03:53:16 pm »

It's possible that the victims of crime did not want to be photographed.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #86 on: July 06, 2014, 03:53:57 pm »

^Good point!

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2014, 04:46:44 am »

Ebola? That doesn't scare me, says Anne

Never one to shirk a challenge, Princess Anne will go ahead with a visit to some of Africa’s poorest areas, despite the rapid spread of the Ebola virus.
The Queen’s daughter is to carry out the four-day trip next month to Ethiopia and Tanzania, even though there are already two suspected cases there of the disease, which kills 90 per cent of its victims.
‘There is no question of Her Royal Highness not going ahead with the visit,’ a courtier tells me.
And one of the Princess Royal’s friend adds: ‘Anne sees her charity work as vital and will not be put off by something like this.
‘She is used to running the risk of catching illnesses when visiting hospitals and sick children in Africa.’
More than 1,000 people have died in Liberia, Guinea, Sierra Leone and Nigeria since the Ebola outbreak was first reported in February.
 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2723413/SEBASTIAN-SHAKESPEARE-Ebola-That-doesnt-scare-says-Anne.html

« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 04:48:27 am by Fly on the wall » Logged

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2014, 06:50:30 pm »

She should be careful anyway. But I would say Ebola is afraid of her.  Cool
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 06:53:45 pm by CathyJane » Logged
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2014, 03:37:55 pm »

Royal family's secret weapon

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/518822/Princess-Anne-s-harrowing-trip-Africa-Save-The-Children

This is admirable . . .
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2014, 10:23:37 pm »

Princess Anne on the island where they think her father is a god
PRINCESS Anne yesterday returned to the tiny South Pacific island where her father Prince Philip is worshipped as a god

Villagers in a remote part of Vanuatu have been convinced since the Royals visited in 1974 that the Duke of Edinburgh is descended from their spirit ancestors.

Anne, 64, was also on the tour aboard the Royal Yacht Britannia 40 years ago when the Katom people around Yaohnanen village on the southern island of Tanna started worshipping the Duke.

They believe he is the son of a mountain spirit who, according to legend, travelled over the seas to a distant land where he married a powerful lady but vowed to one day return to them.

Philip, 93, has kept in touch with the tribesmen ever since, posting them a signed official photograph which they reciprocated by sending him a traditional pig killing club called a "nal-nal".

The Prince then sent a photograph of himself posing with the club.

He also sent a letter of condolence when the tribe's leader, Chief Jack Naiva, died in 2009.

Over the years, the villagers have kept the photographs and newspaper clippings relating to the Prince in a special shrine.

Anne arrived in Vanuatu's capital Port Vila yesterday for the start of a five-day visit in her capacity as president of Emerging Pacific Leaders Dialogue, which strives for leadership excellence across Commonwealth countries in the Pacific, and as president of Save The Children.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/527531/Princess-Anne-island-Prince-Philip-god

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

cate1949
Princess

« Reply #91 on: October 27, 2014, 12:53:05 am »

Vanuatu is such an interesting place and that was an interesting story - teeny country very much threatened by rising sea waters - it is great to see P Anne going there and spending a nice amount of time there.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2015, 07:15:15 pm »

Anne pays tribute to Britain's SOE heroes: Royal joins secret service veterans at 75th anniversary gala in London

The Princess Royal has paid tribute to the men and women of the Special Operations Executive, the forerunner to MI6.

She joined veterans for a glittering gala dinner at London's Natural History Museum, part of which was used to train agents during the Second World War.

Resplendent in a floor-length ivory gown, Anne, who has spent the last week criss-crossing the UK on behalf of her charities, was on cheerful form as she arrived.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2970683/Anne-pays-tribute-Britain-s-SOE-heroes-Royal-joins-secret-service-veterans-75th-anniversary-gala-London.html

Tpearl
gossip insider

« Reply #93 on: June 17, 2015, 04:06:35 am »

P Anne is a hard worker.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2016, 01:29:22 am »

Her royal happiness: How being a granny has transformed grumpy Anne - and brought her closer to the Queen, Zara and husband Tim too

Think of Princess Anne, and a certain image comes to mind. The hair in that governess-style do. A stern expression with furrowed brow. In short, a most imperious princess.
A world away, then, from the beaming, grandmotherly Anne who revealed herself last week at the Badminton Horse Trials in Gloucestershire while playing with her third grandchild, Mia, daughter of Zara and Mike Tindall.
Laughing, cracking jokes, pulling silly faces and stroking the mischievous-looking toddler's hair, Anne's affectionate joy towards her granddaughter, an adorable blonde poppet, was plain to see.
Her mood was clearly infectious, as her affable second husband, the Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence, took his own turn to playfully dangle Mia by the ankles and gently stroke her chee

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3589871/Her-royal-happiness-granny-transformed-grumpy-Anne-brought-closer-Queen-Zara-husband-Tim-too.html#ixzz48aMdlYtX
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2016, 08:12:01 am »

Maybe getting mellow in her old age.  I did notice how much softer her face looked when watching all three of her grandchildren  -  three adorable little blonde haired girls,  three little cuties and no mistake.  Bit naughty of DM to single out Mia, Islan and Savannah as just as adorable.
Val
Duchess

« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2016, 02:53:47 pm »

The DM seem to be focussing on PA's lovely grandchildren to highlight the difference between them and the strange situations surrounding the lazy duo's odd looking two.
india
Princess

« Reply #97 on: May 14, 2016, 03:32:21 pm »

Yes, this is very noticeable. The DM should focus on PA's grandchildren. They are adorable, beautiful and normal. The children of the Cambridge's are weird. They look weird. They are weirdly hidden away from the public. George's hair is bleached regularly. Charlotte looks different every time we see her. And of what we have seen, she is very strange looking. This is not right. All of the other royal families show off their children on a regular basis. But not these two. Why is that may I ask?
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #98 on: August 04, 2016, 08:43:36 pm »

Would you be happier with a Saltire, Andy? Princess Anne mocks Murray's Olympic flag-bearing skills in hilarious Rio moment

Two-time Wimbledon champion appeared to struggle with the Union Flag
    Princess Anne mocked him as he awkwardly moved the flag next to her
    There was laughter from the Team GB squad as he looked uncomfortable
    Team GB Olympic athletes were at the British House Reception in Rio

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3723597/Princess-Anne-mocks-Andy-Murray-s-Olympic-flag-bearing-skills-hilarious-Rio-moment.html#ixzz4GOWHO17Y

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #99 on: August 04, 2016, 09:48:24 pm »

^Anne can be such a breath of fresh air amid all the nonsense.   tehe

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: