Royal Gossip
December 14, 2017, 06:46:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Princess Royal and Tim Laurence: News and Pictures  (Read 22900 times)
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2011, 09:48:16 am »

Tim Graham does work in the UK I think searches make it hard to link that is all.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2011, 03:15:41 pm »

Akasha don't link to the image, but to the link above the image because with getty direct links don't work well.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2012, 08:42:25 pm »

It's austerity Anne! Princess refuses to pay for sea view to save herself £40 'because it's nighttime anyway'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2085731/Princess-Anne-refuses-pay-sea-view-opts-cheaper-room.html#ixzz1jHLRQiQM

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Spice
Countess

William and Lupo: the real royal love match

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2012, 10:49:06 am »

bday-song

Happy 62nd birthday your royal highness (for the 15th, sorry I was a bit late).

Princess Anne looks amazing for her age, doesn't she?

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2012, 11:17:30 pm »

Oh dear totally forgot!  Embarrassed
Happy B-day your highness  bestwishes

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
berlin
Countess

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2012, 05:26:47 pm »

What is up with Anne and Tim.  I heard years ago that they had frosty relations and wanted to divorce.  I don't see them divorcing now.  I just hop Tim gets the respect he deserves in the RF.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2012, 05:35:49 pm »

^^ do you remember an article that mentioned that he was treated as staff by the rest of the family? I'm sure I've read it somewhere but I cannot remember anything more, even maybe it's from some post in a forum and not an article.

True Brit
Duchess

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2012, 05:58:59 pm »

There has been considerable gossip - about a year or more ago - that their marraige was shaky and that Anne was "close" once again to her old paramour Andrew Parker Bowles.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1287807/Royal-merry-round-Is-Princess-Anne-Camillas-ex-again.html

It would be a turn up for the books if these two ended up together.

BTW this is an image of Princess Anne and Peter Cross

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/01/22/article-1349494-0CDBBD84000005DC-705_306x423.jpg
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 06:02:59 pm by True Brit » Logged

" Kate, Pippa and Carole Middleton seen at Manolo Blahnik today.. overheard asking if they carried shoes for cloven hooves. "
Spice
Countess

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2012, 09:43:11 am »

I have read in the media that the RF apparently treated him like staff - no idea if there's truth to that or not.

In the early years of their marriage they lived (some of the time) in a converted dockside warehouse apartment - I never saw pictures or even knew where it was (kinda pre-internet, easter-lol).  No doubt it was luxurious, but it was the first time a senior royal had made a home outside the royal palaces (that I'm aware of).  It seemed unorthodox at the time.  I think they liked that about it.

The article(s) I read spoke of the Queen and Duke making visits for dinner, and Tim would make the drinks, ie there were no staff there.  When Tim worked for the QUeen he was an equerry not a butler.  It's right at the top of the "staff" hierarchy with the private secretaries - it's more an executive position than ordinary staff.  Equerries are military officers who get to work with the royals for a rotation of a couple of years or so on their way up the ladder.  Some stay longer.

When Anne is with Tim in public, whether its formal or informal, they seem very warm with each other.  Their relationship appears to me at least to be more solid than others in that family are.  Tim also seems a valued member of the family - he is often there with the Queen or the Duke.  I do think he's done very well out of the royal connection career-wise.  He retired from the Navy but was able to set up a lucrative property deal after managing the selloff of defence property.  THere's a potential scandal there that no one has really looked into.

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
Spice
Countess

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2012, 11:26:44 pm »

I love Princess Anne, she calls a spade a spade.  In an article about the PM's annual visit to Balmoral:

When Mrs Blair invited the Princess Royal, for example, to call her “Cherie,” Anne had replied: “Actually, I prefer Mrs Blair.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/9561178/Queen-misses-the-patter-of-tiny-Camerons.html

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2013, 09:36:03 pm »

Princess Anne plants last of The Queen's Jubilee trees

PRINCESS Anne planted the last of six million trees across the UK today that will provide a lasting legacy of her mother's Diamond Jubilee.

The Princess Royal said she was stunned by the success of the Jubilee Woods project, which has created more than 12,000 acres of new woodland across the country.
Run by the Woodland Trust, the project has resulted in the planting of one 500-acre diamond woodland in the National Forest in Leicestershire and 60 diamond woods of more than 60 acres each elsewhere.

It has also led to the creation of 400 new woods of more than an acre and provided trees to 3,500 communities and 40,000 schools.

Anne, 62, went to one such school today, Ashburnham Community School in Chelsea, west London, where she was joined by Prime Minister David Cameron for the ceremonial planting of the final specimen - a wild cherry tree - and hailed the success of the programme. She said she hoped it would herald a new relationship between nature and 3 millon people who had benefited.

I have to own up that I didn't believe that was possible when we started and I am hugely impressed by that success," Anne, the patron of the project said.

"A very big thank you to the Woodland Trust for what was, I suspect some people thought, a slightly ambitious plan."

It had been "an entirely appropriate and worthy way of celebrating" the Jubilee, she said.

"These milestones don't happen very often and we celebrate the event but we also celebrate very much the person who has instilled that continuity in that period.

"These woodlands will do that for us in the future, really something to mark that passage of time which has gone.

"So a big thank you on behalf of Her Majesty for a wonderful way of celebrating her Diamond Jubilee and we look forward to building on those partnerships which have been created."

Sue Holden, chief executive of the Woodland Trust, said Britain's trees faced a "tough time" - and warned many areas of ancient woodland were under threat of development.

"Jubilee Woods has been an incredible success but this has got to be seen as the beginning because these are tough times for our trees and woods," she said.

"Eighty million Ash trees are threatened by a disease at the moment and our ancient woods are under threat - we have 300 threatened by development."

She went on: "We've just commissioned some research that shows that the simple act of planting a tree helps children feel empowered, feel they can do something to help their local environment.

"And those feelings stay with them when they are adults."

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/387452/Princess-Anne-plants-last-of-The-Queen-s-Jubilee-trees

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2013, 07:52:36 pm »

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/402249/Princess-Anne-shows-off-her-colourful-side-as-she-attends-UK-Fashion-and-Textile-Awards
The 62-year-old royal arrived at the UK Fashion and Textile Awards at One Mayfair wearing a bright pink dress with a matching floral coat.

However, Princess Anne was feeling entirely brave in the cold as she teamed the shiny blue garment with a pair of black tights and matching heels.
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2013, 05:49:38 am »

She looks better dressed than usual  thumbsup

CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2013, 02:28:24 am »

I agree, but she needs to do something with that hair!!  nervous
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2013, 03:47:56 am »

A royal welcome to our very own palace in Pimlico

Royal connections are all over the news this week but there are few more surprising stories than the launch by the Princess Royal of a block of affordable flats in the centre of London.

Despite a demanding diary, Princess Anne took time to unveil a plaque at One Church Square, a development built for local workers. Property prices in prime parts of the capital have reached such extraordinarily high levels that buying and even renting are now impossible for anyone on an average salary.

During her visit the Princess Royal spoke to several young people who will shortly be living at One Church Square, which overlooks Vauxhall Bridge Road and is minutes from Victoria.

The new development is the first created by the Dolphin Square Foundation, a charity set up with the funds raised by the sale of Dolphin Square where Anne was once a resident. Along with many MPs and several lords, she lived at the Art Deco fortress on The Embankment with husband Tim Lawrence. The couple are famously said to have quit after labelling it “naff”.

Dolphin House was controversially sold to an American company in 2006 by leaseholder Westminster Council. The deal was defended on the grounds that the cash it created would (in part) be used to set up a charity to provide accommodation for key London workers.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/property/417558/A-royal-welcome-to-our-very-own-palace-in-Pimlico

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2013, 01:20:39 pm »

Grinning not gruff, it's Princess Anne

LOOKING casual and relaxed, Princess Anne beams with happiness. Teaming her broad smile with a jaunty hat, her appearance yesterday was far from the gruff Royal of legend.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/419782/Grinning-not-gruff-it-s-Princess-Anne

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2013, 12:34:40 am »

The Princess Royal celebrates the 50th anniversary of charity Transaid with guests at a reception held in Buckingham Palace

http://www.flickr.com/photos/britishmonarchy/10607602416/in/photostream/

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2013, 02:15:27 am »

Princess Anne says we SHOULD be eating horse meat... for the sake of animal welfare

Royal spoke at World Horse Welfare charity conference
    Said owners may take better care of horses when alive if they thought they'd later sell them for meat

The Princess Royal has suggested Britons should consider eating horse meat – because it would improve standards of care for  the animals.

Princess Anne said those in the trade ‘value their horses and look after them well’.

She added: ‘Should we be considering a real market for horse meat and would that reduce the number of welfare cases if there was a real value in the horse meat sector?’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2507395/Princess-Anne-says-SHOULD-eating-horse-meat--sake-animal-welfare.html

Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2013, 05:47:47 am »

I read the article and that's just messed up and I see where Princess Anne is coming from and that's just sad to have to think like that
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2013, 06:31:43 pm »

VIDEO: The Princess Royal visits Poole college to mark completion of new £2.8m hydrotherapy pool
http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/10867656.VIDEO__The_Princess_Royal_visits_Poole_college_to_mark_completion_of_new___2_8m_hydrotherapy_pool/?ref=var_6

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: