Royal Gossip
December 14, 2017, 10:27:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Spencer Family  (Read 79073 times)
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #360 on: June 30, 2017, 01:16:50 pm »

They could be sisters! Lady Kitty Spencer is joined by her VERY glamorous mother Victoria Aitken at Tatler's English Roses 2017 party

Tatler Magazine celebrated its English Roses 2017 at the Saatchi Gallery
    Lady Kitty Spencer and her mother Victoria Aitken were in attendance
    Evening was dedicated to some of Britain's most promising women

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4653864/Lady-Kitty-Spencer-Victoria-Aitken-step-together.html
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #361 on: June 30, 2017, 03:11:00 pm »

Ummm. . . no.   No, they couldn't . . . . .    eating cookies
jackiew
courtier

« Reply #362 on: June 30, 2017, 04:34:00 pm »

Shocked What happened to Victoria?
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #363 on: June 30, 2017, 10:01:00 pm »

Victoria looks terrible!  sigh
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #364 on: June 30, 2017, 10:07:26 pm »

I guess the drugs show themselves, plus the eating disorder, horrid marriage to Charles Spencer, sunbathing & smoking (if she does those two, my guess is yes) and who knows what other turbulences she's had in life.
She looks her age and then some; why the "mum & daughter look like sisters" garbage has to be spewed all the time I don't understand. Kind of insulting too when it's as clear as day (like here) that that's not the case.

Kitty should imo also lay off the heavy eye makeup, she looks quite lovely when it's less (much less altogther; face, eyes & lips; though the current trend of more-more-more makeup makes everyone look horridly drag queen like with dirt on their cheeks and noses). She has racoon eyes with hard harsh lines (quite Middletonesque), which frankly make her eyes often look wonky.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 10:09:51 pm by HRHOlya » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #365 on: June 30, 2017, 10:37:40 pm »

As much as I *despise* to say this, the aristocrats in Britain these days are really low when it comes to behavior; the Spencers have apparently always been disgusting.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #366 on: July 01, 2017, 12:29:41 am »

Kuei,
         British Aristos have always been low and disgusting, they were robber barons.  tehe

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #367 on: July 01, 2017, 01:21:03 am »

^ The vast majority of British aristos' ancestors were not in fact robber barons. There are very few whose noble ancestry stretches back to medieval times and before, even fewer whose titles and land stretch back to Norman times and they tend to be country gentry and untitled. Some families, like the Spencers, were sheep farmers, others married heiresses. Some (including the Spencers) descend from King Charles II. Others, quite a few, came from the middle classes and were given titles in the 19th and early 20th centuries for distinguished service to the nation, to the army, navy or to their professions.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 01:22:50 am by Rosella » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #368 on: July 01, 2017, 01:29:02 am »

Before the Restoration period, the majority of the titled aristocracy consisted of those who had distinguished themselves in battle and had fought right with the Sovereign in the battlefield. It wasn't until the Tudor era that titles started getting given to bureaucrats or those from the merchant class; the purchase of titles via money smarts and heiresses didn't become regular practice until the Georgian era. I am surprised really that the Spencers haven't worked to distinguish themselves in some real way, not just marriage and cronyism. I believe the Spencers are dominantly Stuart and less disciplined than the older aristocratic families. I wonder how different things would in fact be if the Spencer sons had spent time in a real battlefield and less time in clubs.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #369 on: July 01, 2017, 05:01:36 am »

^ My point was though that there are few British  aristocratic families today whose noble ancestry goes way back to the medieval period of of fighting for land. The Howards and Stanley's are exceptions today, and they don't come from robber barons anyway.

The Spencers have Stuart ancestry, so do a lot more aristo families through Charles II. The Spencers don't have any more than most.

Diana's family have some very distinguished ancestors who contributed to national life. Apart from younger sons who served in senior positions in the Army and Navy there were: 

George 2nd Earl Spencer, who was Home Secretary during the Regency period.
John Spencer, 3rd Earl Spencer, was Chancellor of the Exchequer under Lord Melbourne.
The 4th Earl was a Vice-Admiral who fought in the Napoleonic Wars.
The 5th Earl was twice Lord Lieutenant of Ireland and a prominent politician in the Liberal Party.
The 6th Earl was Lord Chamberlain for a long period in the early 20th century.
Diana's grandfather Albert Earl Spencer, fought in World War One, was Lord Lieutenant of Northamptonshire, Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries of London, was well known as an art and antiquities expert and was Chair of the Advisery Council to the Victoria and Albert Museum.

Are they distinguished enough? I think so.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #370 on: July 01, 2017, 06:06:59 am »

I just wonder how it is that the Howards manage to stay out of the tabloids and basically avoid one scandal after another while the Spencers seem to exist for them.

Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #371 on: July 01, 2017, 05:08:50 pm »

^ My point was though that there are few British  aristocratic families today whose noble ancestry goes way back to the medieval period of of fighting for land. The Howards and Stanley's are exceptions today, and they don't come from robber barons anyway.

The Spencers have Stuart ancestry, so do a lot more aristo families through Charles II. The Spencers don't have any more than most.

Diana's family have some very distinguished ancestors who contributed to national life. Apart from younger sons who served in senior positions in the Army and Navy there were: 

George 2nd Earl Spencer, who was Home Secretary during the Regency period.
John Spencer, 3rd Earl Spencer, was Chancellor of the Exchequer under Lord Melbourne.
The 4th Earl was a Vice-Admiral who fought in the Napoleonic Wars.
The 5th Earl was twice Lord Lieutenant of Ireland and a prominent politician in the Liberal Party.
The 6th Earl was Lord Chamberlain for a long period in the early 20th century.
Diana's grandfather Albert Earl Spencer, fought in World War One, was Lord Lieutenant of Northamptonshire, Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries of London, was well known as an art and antiquities expert and was Chair of the Advisery Council to the Victoria and Albert Museum.

Are they distinguished enough? I think so.

The Duke of Marlborough was an idiot, traitor, deadbeat father, and greedy loser who accepted kickbacks. Oh, and he was a Royal w$#$$'s obedient little lapdog. A few of her ancestors were drunks and wife-beaters - seem like the usual dysfunctional family to me.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #372 on: July 01, 2017, 05:25:00 pm »

The mother looks like a man in drag and had taken too much "medication".  Sisters, never in a million years, they don´t even look much like mother and daughter either. Who employs these reporters, can´t need much to qualify as a reporter these when you see the lies they all pedal out at every tiff and turn, daily,  Very difficult to believe any of them say these days.  Used to look the DM donkesy years ago, wouldn´t line the litter box with it these days, my cats are far too fussy to put up with such rubbish.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #373 on: July 01, 2017, 06:46:55 pm »

The whole family looks like it's unraveling, just like the Windsors.

HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #374 on: July 01, 2017, 11:52:06 pm »

Diana's niece Lady Kitty Spencer, 26, is left heartbroken after her Italian property tycoon ex sets his sights on Liz Hurley - who is twice her age

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4657674/Diana-s-niece-Lady-Kitty-Spencer-26-left-heartbroken.html
jackiew
courtier

« Reply #375 on: July 02, 2017, 11:19:23 am »

^Not to be insensitive to Kitty, but he was never right for her and has strung her along for years. She's young, pretty and well connected she can do better.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 11:22:01 am by jackiew » Logged
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #376 on: August 03, 2017, 12:04:44 am »

Kitty's gal pals buoy her after break up: Diana's niece takes holiday in Montenegro after split with property tycoon boyfriend

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4755198/Lady-Kitty-Spencer-takes-holiday-Montenegro-split.html
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #377 on: November 16, 2017, 10:39:10 am »

Peerage News:
"Woodhouse/McCorquodale engagement
_. The engagement was announced 13 Nov, 2017, between Mr George Woodhouse,, younger son of Mr Philip J. Woodhouse and the late Mrs Sarah J. [Pudding] Woodhouse [nee George], & Celia Rose McCorquodale (born 1989), scion of that landed family, & niece of the late Diana, Princess of Wales, younger daughter of Mr Neil McCorquodale by his wife the former Lady [Elizabeth] Sarah Lavinia Spencer [b 1955], eldest daughter of the late 8th Earl Spencer."

http://peeragenews.blogspot.com/2017/11/woodhousemccorquodale-engagement.html
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #378 on: November 17, 2017, 02:07:19 am »

Congratulations to George and Celia!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: