Royal Gossip
May 25, 2017, 12:14:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Spencer Family  (Read 69889 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #320 on: August 01, 2016, 03:32:35 am »

Latest reports claimed that the Duchess of Cambridge was shocked over Princess Diana’s brother Charles Spencer

Oh no! Is Catherine Duchess of Cambridge feuding with Princess Diana’s relatives? Well, latest reports claimed that the Duchess of Cambridge was shocked over Princess Diana’s brother Charles Spencer and his third wife Karen Gordon for planning to turn the Spencer family property known as Althorp Estate into a “bed and breakfast.”
http://www.viral-news.net/latest-reports-claimed-that-the-duchess-of-cambridge-was-shocked-over-princess-dianas-brother-charles-spencer-and-his-third-wife-karen-gordon-for-planning/#.V5pHS1dllPM

LOL maybe Will but Kate? What does she have to do with the Spencers?

Just another round of Kate getting hysterical over something. She's such a chronic drama queen it's gross.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #321 on: August 01, 2016, 07:33:41 am »

Omg, is she joking, isn't she?  Kate-Horror-Queen

CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #322 on: August 12, 2016, 06:07:23 pm »

With the death of the Duke of Westminster, I started thinking about how Sarah expected to marry him someday.  I feel kind of sorry for her in that as the oldest she was expected to marry extremely well, perhaps the best of all three daughters, but as it turned out her baby sister ended up a Princess and her younger sister a Baroness while she is still Lady Sarah.

And does anybody else notice Tally looks quite a bit like Sarah? Or am I just crazy?  Cool
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #323 on: August 18, 2016, 03:33:08 am »

I oftne think the biggest mistake the Spencer family did the girls is how they instilled so much pride in them, that they felt entitled to the best and didn't know how to handle rejection in any mature way. I think Sarah was crushed big time when she 'failed' to land the Duke and frankly I think it was a little issue of lineage as well.

This is the lineage of the Dowager Duchess:

They also descend from Pushkin, the Russian author and nobleman, as well as from his African great-grandfather, Abram Petrovich Gannibal, the youth believed to have belonged to a family of tribal chieftains who became a protégé of Peter the Great.

The sisters' maternal grandmother was born Countess Anastasia de Torby (later Lady "Zia" Wernher), younger morganatic daughter of Grand Duke Michael Mihailovich of Russia (a grandson of Tsar Nicholas I) by his wife Countess Sophie von Merenberg, morganatic daughter of Prince Nikolaus of Nassau (himself brother of Adolphe, Grand Duke of Luxembourg) by his wife Natalya Aleksandrovna, Pushkin's younger daughter.[9]

Lady Zia's sister Countess Nadezhda de Torby (or "Nada") was the wife of Prince George of Battenberg (later George Mountbatten, 2nd Marquess of Milford Haven), elder maternal uncle of the Duke of Edinburgh. The Torby sisters were third cousins of the prince through their common ancestor, Tsar Nicholas I.[9] Natalia's paternal grandparents were Col. Joseph Harold John Phillips and his wife Mary Mercedes Bryce, whose niece Janet Mercedes Bryce (daughter of Major Francis Bryce of Hamilton, Bermuda) married David

I think as native born Englishwomen, they held less exotic and continental appeal than someone like Natalia and others.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
HRHOlya
Baroness

« Reply #324 on: September 14, 2016, 11:31:38 am »

'I'm so lucky to have those special memories': Lady Kitty Spencer opens up about the precious time she shared with her late aunt Princess Diana

Socialite, 25, is daughter of Diana's brother Earl Charles Spencer
    Opened up to Vanity Fair about Diana who died when she was seven
    Says her memories are few, but very special
    Aspiring model enjoys opportunity to 'live in a fairytale' for a day

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3788622/Lady-Kitty-Spencer-remembers-late-aunt-Princess-Diana.html
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #325 on: November 03, 2016, 05:45:22 pm »

They know what they want and what their talents are': Lady Kitty Spencer admits she ENVIES homeless young people for their sense of purpose in life
She comes from a family worth £100 million and is related to royalty, but Kitty Spencer admits that her level of privilege has left her struggling to find a purpose in life.
Opening up to The Times, the socialite who is an ambassador for Centrepoint revealed that she even envies some of the young homeless people the charity supports.
Explaining how they are usually very focused on the future, she said: 'They know exactly what they want to do and what their talents are.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3900772/Kitty-Spencer-admits-ENVIES-homeless-people-sense-purpose.html#ixzz4Oy8PdcgA
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #326 on: November 04, 2016, 08:21:33 am »

I do believe this is the most brainless thing for anyone to say. THIS is what happens when someone isn't raised to actually DO something with themselves. Honestly.

leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #327 on: November 04, 2016, 08:49:36 am »

Give everyone an award or trophy. Tell everyone they can be whatever they want to be. Ignore the kids in the regular program and overwork the AP/IB kids in every subject. No guidance other than telling regular kids to pass their classes and the AP/IB kids that they won't get into college if they don't maintain a certain GPA. In college, you of course have to pass and do as well as possible, but you can choose a degree program that has no real career options, and oftentimes you end up hating the job your degree is for because work experience isn't part of the degree requirement. Why is this surprising that she, like so many in her generation, doesn't know what her talents are and doesn't have a sense of purpose?

Maybe it would be good for young people to be around people like these homeless who have a sense of purpose. Give them some perspective to be grateful for what they have, and help them determine their strengths and weaknesses so they can choose a career path they're both good at and enjoy. Getting to know real people in need will also help remind them to give back to the community when they do figure out their purpose and get regular jobs.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #328 on: November 05, 2016, 12:57:26 am »

I often think that work history and experience should be more of a determining factor than a GPA from high school. Too many idiots going to college to party and think that a high GPA entitles them to a large paycheck. A lot of kids from high school have a shabby work ethic and basically think their professors should just be their guidance counselors and mentors. I found out that a former high school valedictorian from my school works as a server in a country club. Not dishonest work, but frankly, not what you would think someone with the 4.0 GPA would have been a lot more high level in regards to a career. Not being a waitress at a country club. She should be a member of the country club. Meanwhile, I graduated with a 1.72 GPA, but at this point, I run my own multi-national business and I have MAJOR additional positions as well in the high up art field. All without a degree. I do believe that a resume shows what kind of work ethic a person has and I do believe that if resumes dictated acceptance, it would eliminate a lot of time wasters that infest our education system. It would also eliminate those who basically believe that uni should be about matchmaking and partying, not studying and building actual work experience.

Snowpea
Countess

« Reply #329 on: November 06, 2016, 12:36:00 am »

I do believe this is the most brainless thing for anyone to say. THIS is what happens when someone isn't raised to actually DO something with themselves. Honestly.

In the Spencer family in particular - girls were unwanted and useless.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #330 on: November 06, 2016, 04:42:23 am »

Well, the first son inherits it all, so any child other than the first boy is useless.

I notice that Kitty's father remarried just before her 11th birthday and had two more children with this new woman. Perhaps her parents were fighting and ignored their kids? Provided for their material needs but did not offer any guidance?

Interesting that Earl Spencer's youngest daughter (from his third wife) is named Charlotte Diana Spencer and she was born three years before her first cousin once removed, Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #331 on: January 23, 2017, 07:45:42 pm »

http://www.newmyroyals.com/2017/01/kitty-spencer-attends-schiaparelli.html?m=1

Kitty being a socialite

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
india
Princess

« Reply #332 on: January 23, 2017, 09:47:14 pm »

Very pretty girl. She got the best features of her mother and father.
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #333 on: March 29, 2017, 09:09:55 pm »

I know Jane will never do it but I would love for Sarah to write a book about her life. It would be interesting to read her thoughts on her childhood, the divorce of her parents, her own marriage, her daughters bout with cancer and even Diana.
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #334 on: March 31, 2017, 03:45:29 am »

Jane,  like most people close to "the action" talks through others who write books.   Charles uses others to write his "bash Diana" books all the time.  sauer

HRHOlya
Baroness

« Reply #335 on: April 06, 2017, 10:44:01 pm »

Earl S & (his current) Countess S were also at the National Portrait Gallery thingy recently, & I think the countess looks really nice
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/03/28/21/3EB7D70500000578-4358006-Stylish_duo_Countess_Spencer_L_and_Earl_Spencer_arrived_in_style-a-109_1490734633664.jpg
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #336 on: April 06, 2017, 10:51:47 pm »

I am not sure... the top part seems very uncomfortable like I would be nervous about something getting out...

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #337 on: April 06, 2017, 11:37:04 pm »

I agree. It was almost like she lost the bet to see if she could fit into it, and she cannot.

Flesh overpouring on the top half is not a good look on anyone. And a ruby necklace would not go amiss either.

But on the good side, she isn't flashing her ......, just her overflowing bust. And that's because it's too small. She need a good tailor to let it out for her.
HRHOlya
Baroness

« Reply #338 on: April 06, 2017, 11:47:17 pm »

Haha that is so very true, a little bit too tight, esp in the upper part (personally I'd have been scared for the dress to burst tbh!), but the colour is lovely & I like her subtle makeup and I like the hair, easter-lol I'm nuts, but to me she's somehow refreshing, not a bottle blonde (sorry to any of you, no offence!), no harsh makeup, hair quite voluminous but not helmet-like, the colour of the dress plays nicely with her colouring, a pop of diamonds (earrings)... I don't know, when I saw the picture I just thought Spencer chose a beautiful wife who scrubbed up very nicely (albeit in a too tight dress, guess can't have it all!).
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #339 on: April 06, 2017, 11:51:51 pm »

I agree, and on reflection a ruby necklace might be too much. But some jewels around her neck might have helped. I'm thinking of the ill fitting bust line.

But she is a refreshing change from others I have seen, too.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: