Royal Gossip
November 16, 2018, 04:07:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 77   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duke and Duchess of Sussex: Press Articles & Random Chat  (Read 67519 times)
lesken and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #840 on: September 16, 2018, 03:33:33 pm »

At this point in time it's not really to anyone's advantage to be a US citizen; overseas as far as I know Americans are currently in the PR doghouse.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #841 on: September 16, 2018, 03:37:43 pm »

Renouncing her US citizenship is a good idea for many reasons but hardly going to be a head of state.  Not even PC is that.

Whether or not she renounces her US citizenship, she will still be taxed on any earnings/residuals in the US for as long as she lives.  The only way around that, and it's really tricky, is to change every contract she's ever made in the US and that's for a court to decide.  Very lengthy, complicated process.  The IRS will be her "friend" for a very long time.  

Just renouncing her citizenship means nothing to the IRS except as a non-citizen, she will be taxed at a higher rate and her earnings in the UK will decide her income bracket.  So, she'll be double taxed.  Also, as long as she's earning $ in the US, the IRS will have access to all her sources of income, including within the BRF.

It's also not an easy thing to renounce one's country, emotionally.  Not that I give a rip about her but it still shakes people up a bit.  Quite a process getting it back, too.

I dunno.  This one is complicated on many levels.  But, if she wants to be taken seriously in the U.K. as it's rep, it must be done.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #842 on: September 16, 2018, 04:20:49 pm »

It's way too late for her toever be taken seriously in the UK, so that shiped sailed the minute she started to play games an outed her booty call status as a relationship. The IRS will have access to the British royal famiily's accounts as they're linked to her. The article in the Express stated thatdisclosure will have t be made as to if she's getting a stipend from the royal family, if she was hired by them and getting gifts which she'll have to pay tax on, etc. To be legally attached to this woman will open up a can of worms for the royal family, so I can't think of why Harry would chose to actually marry someone with all of her selfishness and murky background and then bring her around young vunerable kids as a token of a leader and someone to aspire to be. The IRS will be in the royal family's affairs as long as she's attched to them which is beyond strange.

Keep Calm and Carry On
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #843 on: September 16, 2018, 04:39:54 pm »

^This is all accurate.  There are some major reasons why more time and thought should’ve been given before dashing down the aisle.  Harry was either not listening or never gave anyone a chance to look this over beforehand.  Not that he would’ve cared, I guess.  He’s not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

The big picture is that none of this would have mattered if she had come from a much more carefully groomed background.  I have nothing against divorce nor working in show business but if the BRF want to be bowed to, admired and emulated, then have and demand standards worthy of the taxpayer’s indulgence.

She also is no Hollywood heavyweight nor posseses that magic fairy dust that excuses most things.  She comes off crafty, ingenuine and materialistic.  Not a good image for this group.

Good one, Harry.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #844 on: September 16, 2018, 04:56:35 pm »

I do think upbringing is more important than vaunted 'background,' but Harry is in a fix since most women from better bred backgrounds are career oriented and would not be interested in the hassle that comes from putting up with the Windsors. Lots of them might not have megabucks, but they are now able to be socially accepted while free to earn a living and most of them are making the absolute most of it. The Windsors never thought that they should groom their princes to better themselves, to prove they are good enough.

Renouncing her US citizenship is a good idea for many reasons but hardly going to be a head of state.  Not even PC is that.
Whether or not she renounces her US citizenship, she will still be taxed on any earnings/residuals in the US for as long as she lives.  The only way around that, and it's really tricky, is to change every contract she's ever made in the US and that's for a court to decide.  Very lengthy, complicated process.  The IRS will be her "friend" for a very long time. 
Just renouncing her citizenship means nothing to the IRS except as a non-citizen, she will be taxed at a higher rate and her earnings in the UK will decide her income bracket.  So, she'll be double taxed.  Also, as long as she's earning $ in the US, the IRS will have access to all her sources of income, including within the BRF.
It's also not an easy thing to renounce one's country, emotionally.  Not that I give a rip about her but it still shakes people up a bit.  Quite a process getting it back, too.
I dunno.  This one is complicated on many levels.  But, if she wants to be taken seriously in the U.K. as it's rep, it must be done.

In regards to her residuals, any earnings that she gets, this is why I do believe that the standards of what makes a royal consort appropriate need to be updated. In no way does the BRF know how to handle this kind of situation since clearly they have never bothered even trying to learn from the Fergie/Diana debacle. Since Kate never bothered to even TRY to work, it is clear that no one in the BRF was ready to handle someone who had interests outside of trying to land a man. I don't believe that the BRF ever considered that someone might actually choose to have a career/life of her own and I do believe that the BRF never thought that a two bit television actress would end up married into their family. I don't think even Harry thought he would end up with someone with so many complications.

It is intriguing that despite his title, despite his money and palaces, Harry couldn't find someone solid and decent. All the women in his age group are currently well into careers of their own and it is clear that his act isn't netting him anyone who would actually be credible when she talks about human rights and struggles.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #845 on: September 16, 2018, 09:14:39 pm »

A new photo of Harry and Meghan has been leaked on the hrhduchessofsussex instagram account.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnwApTTFNPk/?hl=en&taken-by=hrhduchessofsussex
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #846 on: September 16, 2018, 09:51:10 pm »

Hollywood Harry most likely during the photo shoot aka engagement pictures. This also looks Meghan’s VF photo shoot as well with Harry photoshopped in. Nothing involving these two are genuine and spontaneous, just fake and contrived.

This is the photo agency that Meghan and her family uses for their photo op. This article’s from May that was posted on the blogs today.
Inside Coleman-Rayner, the Ruthless Paparazzi Who Almost Derailed the Royal Wedding
When Prince Harry finally marries Meghan Markle at Windsor Castle on Saturday, it’ll be no thanks to the celebrity gossip and picture agency that staged cheesy photos of Meghan’s dad, Thomas Markle Sr., and nearly derailed the royal wedding.
Coleman-Rayner LLC— a scrappy Los Angeles-based company co-owned by two British veterans of the tabloid wars, writer/editor Mark Coleman and paparazzi photographer Jeff Rayner—is at the epicenter of a lurid scandal that has reached the far corners of Planet Earth and overwhelmed advance coverage of the happy day on front pages and television shows from England to Australia.
For Coleman-Rayner, it’s the most damaging controversy since the agency was unmasked last fall as having conducted negative research in late 2016 on one of Harvey Weinstein’s violent physical attack accusers, actress Rose McGowan.
The agency did this ostensibly on behalf of one of Coleman-Rayner’s clients, American Media Inc. executive Dylan Howard, who passed the agency’s work product on to Weinstein, telling the Hollywood mogul in a leaked email: “I have something AMAZING.”
To which Weinstein replied: “This is the killer. Especially if my fingerprints r not on this.”
“They are not,” Howard emailed back (and later claimed in a chagrined statement, after his dodgy conduct was exposed by New Yorker writer Ronan Farrow, that he only “unwittingly” played a role “in Mr. Weinstein’s well documented manipulation of his business and personal relationships in his efforts to combat his accusers”).
According to a source close to former Coleman-Rayner picture editor Glen McCurtayne, McCurtayne, appalled that the agency had been involved in the potential smearing of violent physical attack victims, resigned in disgust and became a born-again Christian; he now spends his days doing volunteer work and studying the Bible.
“None of this information was ever published, and it was gathered well before there was any knowledge of the gross accusations against Weinstein,” Mark Coleman emailed The Daily Beast. “AMI declined to publish the information as it did not want to impugn the reputation of an accuser.”
https://www.thedailybeast.com/inside-coleman-rayner-the-ruthless-paparazzi-who-almost-derailed-the-royal-wedding

Meghan and this photo agency:
https://ntudcg3krlgnmilb4z4mcxq7x7b75ebk6vvioflpfnrmulib25ba.cdn.ampproject.org/ii/w1200/s/i2-prod.irishmirror.ie/incoming/article11287044.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/PAY-Meghan-Markle-arrives-home-in-Toronto-on-Sunday-September-24-after-making-her-royal-debut-at-Princ.jpg
This chick who claims to be an activist for women’s rights is working with this agency who’s doing dirty work for Weinstein.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 09:55:19 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #847 on: September 16, 2018, 11:18:21 pm »

A new photo of Harry and Meghan has been leaked on the hrhduchessofsussex instagram account.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnwApTTFNPk/?hl=en&taken-by=hrhduchessofsussex

These always look like a JCrew or men’s cologne ad.  Sooooo staged, slick and pure, 100% PR.  Made me laugh anyway.  What phonies!  laugh

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #848 on: September 16, 2018, 11:27:39 pm »

More Meg the victim tripe:

nside Coleman-Rayner, the Ruthless Paparazzi Who Almost Derailed the Royal Wedding
When Prince Harry finally marries Meghan Markle at Windsor Castle on Saturday, it’ll be no thanks to the celebrity gossip and picture agency that staged cheesy photos of Meghan’s dad, Thomas Markle Sr., and nearly derailed the royal wedding.
Coleman-Rayner LLC— a scrappy Los Angeles-based company co-owned by two British veterans of the tabloid wars, writer/editor Mark Coleman and paparazzi photographer Jeff Rayner—is at the epicenter of a lurid scandal that has reached the far corners of Planet Earth and overwhelmed advance coverage of the happy day on front pages and television shows from England to Australia.

First, anyone Harry got mixed up with would come under scrutiny and second, in the US the press has freedom from the domineering Windsors and I do believe that the House of Windsor should be a lot less dramatic about the media. The Windsors should be more mature in their approach in regards to the ways of the press, not less so. Third, the reason the wedding nearly got derailed is because Meg was not liked upon being introduced to the public and that is something the Windsors should have tkane into consideration. If I were HM, I would have told Harry the facts of royal life, being that if the public does not like a potential consort, there shouldn't be a marriage.

Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #849 on: September 16, 2018, 11:36:21 pm »

Are we sure that this is not Meghan behind this ig account? Looks awfully like her with the staged photos, leaking pics, sending messages.. as if anyone cares about her juvenile games.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #850 on: September 17, 2018, 12:05:52 am »

Who in th world are her fans that are so rabbid about not having her criticzed in any way. It's nuts that thisis going on yet these same twits aren't upset that her family's slagging off Harry and the royal family at every turn.
 earlandcountessofdumbarton
Meghan stans are reporting Gary Janetti’s IG account and they want it to be deleted.
https://skippyisheretostay.tumblr.com/post/178158207428/theyre-talking-about-richard-palmer

She's just a game playing strumpet.

https://skippyisheretostay.tumblr.com/post/178158353183/yeah-still-trying-to-make-it-happen

Anonymous asked:
I believe from here, pics will be badly chopped up and photoshopped and purposely leaked. People will instantly rally to investigate its authenticity. That will then be used against the public to support the idea that Article 13 is needed! I meant to send this assumption last week. Nowadays, I believe not much is done anymore without an underlying reason. Time is too precious to waste for naught

Yes I agree with you…..everything seems to be a game….and yes, everyone will suffer

Anonymous asked:
Meghan’s fans have to be all unemployed because they have so much time in their hands to report blogs, IG, Facebook, or twitter accounts to be deleted because they are attacking their savior who who save them from the fires of hell. I questioned the dm commenters also because they took the time to comment every single negative comment about their chosen one.

Keep Calm and Carry On
lesken
Countess

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #851 on: September 17, 2018, 02:30:58 am »

I would love her to give up her citizenship to the US. My ancestors fought in a war not to have the likes of her as a citizen. And I would love all her family to give up their citizenships as well.

The only constant is change.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #852 on: September 17, 2018, 02:42:57 am »

I do believe she should be stripped of her citizenship; the Constitution basically states that it is illegal for a citizen to hold a title of nobility and hers is legally recognized and reinforced with diplomatic status overseas. So she is violating our nation's laws in regards to that and I wish our government had the balls to do this.

meememe
Duchess

« Reply #853 on: September 17, 2018, 03:40:58 am »

By international convention a person can't be left stateless. Meghan doesn't meet the criteria to be a British citizen yet so she has to remain as an American until she is able to become a citizen of the UK otherwise the US would be violating international laws.

I did some diffing to find out if other royals who were also Americans had had to renounce their citizenship and came across the following:

It is interesting to note that Prince Albert of Monaco only renounced his US citizenship - acquired from his mother in either 1979 or 1980. I can find no record of his mother or his sisters renouncing their US citizenship which would suggest that Princess Grace, on becoming the Consort of the reigning Prince in Monaco remained a US citizen. That fact would be supported by the fact that her son felt he had to renounce his US citizenship because surely if she had renounced it before he was born he wouldn't have been able to claim US citizenship as her son anyway?

Princess Elizabeth of Yugoslavia only renounced her US citizenship in 2012.

Crown Princess Marie-Chantal only renounced her US citizenship in 2011 having married Crown Prince Pavlos in 1995.

Queen Noor of Jordan never renounced her US citizenship but claims she lost it automatically on her marriage in 1978.

Oliver Wallop - 8th Earl of Portsmouth only renounced his US citizenship in 1933 having inherited his title in 1925. He wanted to take his seat in the House of Lords and so decided to renounce his citizenship. He had already served two terms in the Wyoming Legislature and his grandson also served three terms in the US Senate. This grandson didn't inherit the title. The 8th Earl is the only person known to have served in both the House of Lords and a US Legislature.

That list would suggest that it is not illegal to hold a title of nobility given the number of people who have had such titles and decided to relinquish US citizenship. If these people could legally hold titles and US citizens then there would no doubt be others currently who do so.

What the US constitution does is say someone can't accept a foreign title while holding office or profit or trust so an person who isn't doing any of those things can have a title. The US won't grant titles of course. https://www.irontontribune.com/2009/02/28/can-american-citizens-hold-royal-titles/#// seems to contradict the idea that it is illegal for a citizen to hold a title of nobility.

Meghan's title is also a courtesy title as she is only Harry's wife. Harry's title is the substantive title.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #854 on: September 17, 2018, 04:17:58 am »

I made a mistake; since she's not running for office, she can have a title and still be a citizen. My bad.

I just had the thought that maybe she thinks the marriage might not work out and therefore she is holding on to her citizenship to fall back on?

Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #855 on: September 17, 2018, 08:54:40 am »

^ A wealth of information as always.

^^ I think that whether the marriage works or not, UK is stuck with her and she's planning to stay one way or another. There's already a precedent in UK with a woman who had a lot of shoes and that's why she felt UKis her home. Megy keeps buying new pair for every appearance. Coincidence? Think not.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #856 on: September 17, 2018, 12:11:23 pm »

It still comes back to why Harry chose someone like this with so much baggage and who continues to do her own thing. She’s not marriage material as she had a short marriage before, possibly two according to gossip and was living with a man at the same time she took up with Harry. When linked to Harry, she continued to play games with the press and on social media to make sure he’s stuck with her. He seemed to have gotten rid of her around Christmas 2016 and showed the photographers who allegedly she brought to Skippy’s wedding in Jamaica that they weren’t a couple, but she continued on all throughout 2017 with her games even after getting booted out of the polo match. Then something happened during IG in Toronto and here we are now.  dontknow Possible reasons: distraction for Waity being absent in public for months so Meghan’s the focus for the press as things are being worked out behind the scenes as what to do with her and giving content for the ITV documentary on the queen’s role in the commonwealth as she now passes down to the next generation Charles on down. Once that documentary airs perhaps Meghan will finally be gone. Her six months is up this month early October according to Samantha Cohen who was said that she’ll have six months training. We know that she’s getting no real training. I’m sure she’s signed an NDA so when the inevitable happens, she won’t be able to profit off of ‘marriage’ to Harry or what what it was like being in the royal family for a short time. Bottom line’s that she’s not a good choice for a lasting marriage and bring good press. She’s brought the wrong kind of press and social media interest that’s made the royal family look weak and common as she’s now representing them.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 12:14:09 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #857 on: September 17, 2018, 12:52:26 pm »

^Sadly, she's representing America. UK can blame it on H for lacking eyesight to see, ears to hear, brain cells to see what she's really all about, class to go for a classy woman, but M is sadly degrading american women to cheap gold diggers who will stop at nothing to gain money and power unfairly and will fight dirty to get what they want and that it's their way or the highway.  Angry
sandy
Princess

« Reply #858 on: September 17, 2018, 01:59:00 pm »

It still comes back to why Harry chose someone like this with so much baggage and who continues to do her own thing. She’s not marriage material as she had a short marriage before, possibly two according to gossip and was living with a man at the same time she took up with Harry. When linked to Harry, she continued to play games with the press and on social media to make sure he’s stuck with her. He seemed to have gotten rid of her around Christmas 2016 and showed the photographers who allegedly she brought to Skippy’s wedding in Jamaica that they weren’t a couple, but she continued on all throughout 2017 with her games even after getting booted out of the polo match. Then something happened during IG in Toronto and here we are now.  dontknow Possible reasons: distraction for Waity being absent in public for months so Meghan’s the focus for the press as things are being worked out behind the scenes as what to do with her and giving content for the ITV documentary on the queen’s role in the commonwealth as she now passes down to the next generation Charles on down. Once that documentary airs perhaps Meghan will finally be gone. Her six months is up this month early October according to Samantha Cohen who was said that she’ll have six months training. We know that she’s getting no real training. I’m sure she’s signed an NDA so when the inevitable happens, she won’t be able to profit off of ‘marriage’ to Harry or what what it was like being in the royal family for a short time. Bottom line’s that she’s not a good choice for a lasting marriage and bring good press. She’s brought the wrong kind of press and social media interest that’s made the royal family look weak and common as she’s now representing them.

A woman who has divorced is not necessarily "not marriage material." Theoretically a person who never married can be classified as not marriage material. They can be judged as set in their ways. A woman who has been married and divorced can meet a partner and the relationship "takes."  Betty Ford was divorced and her second marriage "took" till death did them part. And I can cite numerous examples. I don't believe there was more than one previous marriage for Meghan. The royals would not allow the deception. I think it gossip.

Whatever she did with the media she could not have "made" Harry marry her. He is not shy about ditching women.

Honestly I don't think any of them get "training."
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #859 on: September 17, 2018, 04:33:00 pm »

Harry was never raised well; by now he should be well mannered, well able to converse intelligently with a wide variety of people, and he should be well past playing to an image that is already well and truly expired.

It still comes back to why Harry chose someone like this with so much baggage and who continues to do her own thing. She’s not marriage material as she had a short marriage before, possibly two according to gossip and was living with a man at the same time she took up with Harry. When linked to Harry, she continued to play games with the press and on social media to make sure he’s stuck with her. He seemed to have gotten rid of her around Christmas 2016 and showed the photographers who allegedly she brought to Skippy’s wedding in Jamaica that they weren’t a couple, but she continued on all throughout 2017 with her games even after getting booted out of the polo match. Then something happened during IG in Toronto and here we are now.  dontknow Possible reasons: distraction for Waity being absent in public for months so Meghan’s the focus for the press as things are being worked out behind the scenes as what to do with her and giving content for the ITV documentary on the queen’s role in the commonwealth as she now passes down to the next generation Charles on down. Once that documentary airs perhaps Meghan will finally be gone. Her six months is up this month early October according to Samantha Cohen who was said that she’ll have six months training. We know that she’s getting no real training. I’m sure she’s signed an NDA so when the inevitable happens, she won’t be able to profit off of ‘marriage’ to Harry or what what it was like being in the royal family for a short time. Bottom line’s that she’s not a good choice for a lasting marriage and bring good press. She’s brought the wrong kind of press and social media interest that’s made the royal family look weak and common as she’s now representing them.

My grandmother was married to my abusive grandfather and she left him to save her life and save her children's lives; she was stigmatized by her own (Catholic) Church and I do believe that divorce is important if abuse is involved or any other form of dysfunction.

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 77   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: