Royal Gossip
February 18, 2018, 11:52:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Watched The Entire Wedding Ceremony  (Read 30024 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

« on: August 05, 2011, 11:27:05 am »

Well, I finally watched the entire wedding ceremony in one clip and frankly I saw a ton of things that made the whole thing a huge farce. On the surface, things went fine, but I noticed the following things:

*The smirk on Kate's face when she was listening to the Vicar recite "for richer or poorer"
*Each time Kate looked at Harry, he smiled, but the rest of the time, he looked like he was about to cry; he lowered his face a couple times and swallowed hard, looking at the ceiling almost in supplication
*At the time when they were supposed to confess any reasons that they should not be married, I had the thought that there is something, something that is going ot come out at some point
*Each time Kate began to smile smugly, she suppressed it immediately in her eagerness to seem virtuous and demure; when she was standing waiting for the march to begin, she kept almost smiling widely, and then suppressing it
*Her idiot brother recited the virtues and important things for a Christian to not do, all of which Kate is guilty as sin of ironically
*How Kate kept looking at the cameras and even rolled her eyes at one point during the vows
*When sitting back down, her brother took the program (this was after the signing of the register I think) and put it under his butt to sit on, instead of keeping it in his hands
*Princess Anne looking really, really contemplative when she was talking to her husband
*Zara sneaking a bit of gum into her mouth while sitting with Mike
*When Kate got to the altar, Prince Andrew looked as if he were seeing some dream dashed
*William repeated the vows quickly, as if he were trying not to laugh or cry; he smiled a little at Kate, but it was more as if he were trying not to blow up at her at the altar; I I think he was on the verge of crying
*Her brother looked like a pompous *butt* of a man and tacky in his suit; he looked like he was going to prom
*When walking down the aisle, Kate was center while her father was off to the side, like a good little doormat
*When the Vicar asked "Who giveth away this woman?" Michael didn't respond "I do" as he should have; it makes me wonder if Carole ripped out his voicebox
*Camilla looked like she was in a huge amount of emotional pain herself and as if she and Charles were doing the dirty work on behalf of HM when they went to witness the signing of the marriage license
*The princesses looked like they were there under duress and I am frankly glad that they didn't wear anything too conventional
*The faces in the audience weren't happy ones, there were a lot there that looked concerned, as if wondering where someone was; there was no uniform goodwill and no real interest in 'the moment' as if they were there, stuffed into suits and dresses, and shipped in to sing the songs and suchlike
*There was little to know sense of community and anticipation; the press fawned over how William drove his own car, but it's not like it was the same as if he were in a carriage or anything really regal
*Westminster looked rather desecrated from the appearance of all the greenery and the trees/flowering actually created a chintzy contrast to the ornate stateliness of the chapel; if the greenery had been in a side chapel, then it would have likely been better, but contrasted with the gold and blues and the grey stone, it looked chintzy
*During the song "God Save The Queen" HM stood silently as if a dream had just dissolved before her eyes; I am sure that she couldn't really sing along, but she looked like she was at a particularly unpleasant engagement
*The whole RF looked like they were at an unpleasant engagement that they either had hoped to cancel or preferably get over with as soon as possible
*When the press were talking about his colleagues in the SAR, I kind of smirked when they were speculating about continuing to work since knowing what I know now, it ain't gonna happen
*At a few moments during the ceremony, HM didn't even sing with the congregation, but instead just looked down with her hat hiding her face; not good, not good at all since that is usually the royal way of hiding tears
*I noticed that after Kate looked at Harry playfully a few times and squirmed giddily, William said something and she suddenly stopped looking at Harry and looked straight ahead, finally getting it together; she was acting like the three had been buddies since forever and that this was some final culmination of their childhood chumminess
*William looked like he was bursting to say something or yell/cry/announce his refusal, but was keeping it in
*No one in the RF looked unanimously happy

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Varya
Super Moderator

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 03:48:57 am »

Good analysis KF! goodpost

I only watched about 10 minutes about it and the people I was with all thought it was achingly boring. I did see her roll her eyes (sort of like implying that she had somewhere else she would rather be, like saying "I do" and getting her tiara's). How freakin innappropriate, she KNEW she was constantly being watched... and to roll her eyes! Un-freakin'-beleivable! KF do you remember what the Vicar was saying when she rolled her eyes?

Quotes about Waity/Waste-y Katie:
On Kate's so called career and work ethic; a coworker from Jigsaw when Kate was working said this: "A fellow staff member said: "Kate is a nice enough girl but she was never what you might call committed to the job.She never worked full-time and appeared to take an inordinate amount of time off to go jetting round the world with her boyfriend."
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 04:21:29 am »

I can't remember exactly, but she looked around, saw the camera, and then rolled her eyes briefly, as if she was too cool for all of this.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 04:39:11 am »

KF - I still have that disaster on my DVR and I'm about ready to erase it.  You're dead on about everything.  For me, it's flat, funereal and everybody's a big fake.  HM looks like she could kill. 

But, the thing that bothers me the most and I replay over and over is the smirking during the actual vows.  That's going to haunt them some day.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 05:34:57 am »

She is smirking because she does not believe in any of the things that she promised to do, probably. The wedding was a farce.
Gwendolyn
Baroness

Stupor Mundi

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 05:48:44 am »

Excluding the Middleton family, the only one who looked happy was Kate, and even she looked like she was having reservations.  Harry looked especially grave during the vows.  No British stiff upper lip there.  He looks flat defeated.

I think now, William knows and feels he needs a change.  It should be positively used as motivation for action and progress, but I think he's lost, so that need is manifesting itself as frustration and aggression.  I'm willing to bet there are major outbursts from him in private, seemingly out of nowhere.

"A still more glorious dawn awaits." --Carl Sagan
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 06:21:01 am »

the only one who looked happy was Kate, and even she looked like she was having reservations

She looked like she was trying to be demure and ladylike.

She is smirking because she does not believe in any of the things that she promised to do, probably

I think it was more of her putting on airs of privilege and being so 'used to it/been there, done that' that she viewed it as just par the course, as if she had been chums with William since she was a little kid.

Gwendolyn
Baroness

Stupor Mundi

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2011, 06:40:02 am »

^I got that sense (about her trying to be demure and ladylike) when she took Prince William's arm to leave.  Their arms looked stony and their walk together was awkward.

I know it's been said before, but it's worth repeating that the dress did not suit the venue.  The train could have been twice as long, easily.  The neckline dipped to an inappropriate low for a cathedral wedding and a future queen, in my opinion, and it came off too much like she wanted a strapless gown but wore lace because she was required to have sleeves.  Also, it's nice she didn't go all-out, but a little more grandeur would have been nice.  Then again, not my wedding gown.  Oh well.

"A still more glorious dawn awaits." --Carl Sagan
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2011, 06:46:28 am »

No, the dress, when looked at again does not suit the venue at all; it's almost cheap looking.  The whole thing rings hollow.  I don't know if it's the sound system or what it is, but it seriously looks like a high school play and then the funeral kind of feeling that follows you everywhere.  Nobody's smiling, nobody's even looking at the ceremony, not even the bride and groom.  It screams, "Take TWO!"  And the bloody smirking during the vows will bug me forever.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2011, 06:53:53 am »

the smirks during the vows was the most  sauer for me too.

I think this sums up the dress

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkfs6gsUsn1qazgjno1_500.gif

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2011, 07:10:25 am »

Good one, Mousie!!!   worship

mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2011, 07:21:38 am »

thankyou

Harry was probably thinking - she is trying to look demure  rofl

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2011, 07:34:25 am »

Harry was thinking, "Where's my Bloody Mary."

The whole darn thing was a mess, let's all face it.  I've watched it three times now and spot-checked it 50 times and it's the same thing.  Wasty messes with the veil, her eyeliner's too thick, she smiles too hard, she's mad about something in the carriage.  HM bucks up waiting for it to be over.  PW tries to make nice and all the guests are waiting for the body to arrive. 

It was awful.  Frankly, the worst wedding I've ever seen with that much build up.  Even the flowers looked pensive and sad.  Nothing glorious.  Nothing majestic.  Nothing worth remembering except Pippa's a$$, I guess.

And PP looked like he'd choked on a cocktail onion a few times.  Bad form all the way around.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2011, 07:57:08 am »

I watched Fergie's wedding and the florals were tastefully done and the carpeting was exquisitely suited to the occasion. As for Kate's dress, the neckline was well nigh blasphemous for a wedding in such a cathedral. I for one am more than sure that The Queen Mother was haunting HM the night before the wedding, screeching at her, sicne it was her turn among the royal ancestors who likely spent the nights up to the wedding screaming at HM to do something, or otherwise cursing her for letting this happen. I wonder if the ghost of Charles II was advising Philip on how to get rid of Kate.

To think, there are past kings and queens buried there and where the coronations are held. It was kind of like seeing an entertainer get married there, not a prince and a future Queen Consort. Even Fergie dressed well for the occasion no matter how bad her later antics were. His MOTHER was buried there for pity's sake! I was still shocked that James Middleton actually sat on the wedding program instead of simply holding it in his hands, surely something not too taxing? I have no idea on how she managed to avoid getting struck by lightening.

Harry looked like he was begging God to get him through this without losing his mind, he really did the poor guy. Like was begging for God to get him through what was happening. I don't know how he managed to avoid strangling William with his bare hands. HM surely would have welcomed it.

June
Duchess

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2011, 08:02:25 am »

She is smirking because she does not believe in any of the things that she promised to do, probably. The wedding was a farce.

thumbsup

Yes, and as a Catholic, I find this conduct by them very offensive. I don't care what the reason, no one should take vows before God which are not true and in good faith.  bignono I'd have more respect if he stayed single. I don't like the games some play, just because they can, making a mockery of the sanctity of marriage.

It was truly one of the ugliest weddings I have ever watched by reason that it was just so disingenuous, built on a 'farce', a ruse, a lie, an arrangement, to dupe, IMO.  ick

Good points everyone.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 08:04:19 am by June » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2011, 08:37:01 am »

The songs were beautifully done and one was specially composed and what a waste it was on these two. It was like watching William get married and all to the wrong woman. I just wonder, does William really understand just how much he has done to cut himself off from someone who loved him, for him? These songs and ceremonial should have been done for a much better woman who deserved it, he could have given a decent woman that much. The songs are quite brilliant really and done wonderfully. All that effort and she treated it like a huge joke.

June
Duchess

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2011, 08:39:24 am »

Charles organised the music, but for me it was all ugly.  easter-wink
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2011, 08:42:36 am »

I think it was the people involved in the wedding that made it ugly. Charles is a genius with music.

June
Duchess

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2011, 08:48:54 am »

IMO, it's all about context. There can be no beautiful components to an elaborately staged lie, with intent to deceive. By reason, any otherwise, heretofore beautiful, classical components are rendered ugly. It's just the way I feel.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2011, 08:57:43 am »

When I think about it, Kate did every single thing I had nightmares of her doing in a church, during such an engagement, and that she would wear an unimaginative dress and that no matter how uplifting, it would still be a dud. William should have slapped her for her smirking, or at least Carole since this was part of Carole's dream come true. Singing "God Save The Queen" was quite frankly the silliest and most awkward part to put HM in. She stood there mute and likely awkward while likely fuming inside; it's such a mocking thing to do since they pulled every stunt they possibly could on HM behind her back. HM looked really, really put out.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: