Royal Gossip
April 20, 2019, 09:54:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: All About Royals Being Hacked By The Press  (Read 117796 times)
Nighthawk
Princess

« on: April 10, 2011, 06:21:01 pm »

Royals pulled into phone-hacking scandal
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/exclusive-royals-pulled-into-phonehacking-scandal-2265869.html
The Royal Family has been pulled into the News International phone-hacking affair, dealing a blow to the latest desperate attempt by Rupert Murdoch's media giant to hide the true extent of the scandal, The Independent on Sunday can reveal. Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice are suspected targets of the media empire's hacking activities, and their father, the Duke of York, has privately expressed exasperation at the apparent breach of his family's privacy. Suspicions that the princesses were targets arose after Eugenie was the subject of an attempted mugging while travelling in Cambodia with a friend two years ago. The attack, in Phnom Penh during the girls' gap year, was thwarted by bodyguards but details of the incident quickly found their way into The Sun newspaper and other News International (NI) publications.

This is the first instance of the Royal Family being drawn into the phone-hacking row since the conviction of Clive Goodman, the News of the World's royal editor four years ago. Goodman pleaded guilty to intercepting messages left on phones of aides to Princes William and Harry and was jailed for four months. Glenn Mulcaire, a private investigator used to carry out the interceptions, was jailed for six months.

It is understood Prince Andrew, himself the subject of intense media scrutiny, and his ex-wife, the Duchess of York, also believe they were personally targeted. Prince Andrew, though angered by what he sees as the intrusion into his daughters' lives, has no plans to take the matter further.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 01:07:09 am »

It's like boundaries are falling to pieces in Britain; why on Earth can't Murdoch restrain himself from basically breaking the law?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 05:12:38 pm by Alexandrine » Logged

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 06:20:35 pm »

RoyalReporter Richard Palmer
Fresh royal hacking claims tonight alleging the phones or bank accounts of Kate, the Wessexes, and the Duke and Duchess of Kent were tapped

eating cookies

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
ermilinda
royal watcher

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 06:24:47 pm »

KATE?... a victom.... OMG... she's just like Diana.... WHATCHNOW...  I totally didn't see the coming..... LETS ASK LUCY!... <giggles>

WHERE'S THE SEX TAPE OF KATE!                      WHERE'S THE SEX TAPE OF WILLS!
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 06:41:25 pm »

Yeah, this came over the wires. 

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/jun/08/phone-hacking-kate-middleton-tony-blair

Guardian inquiries reveal that the former prime minister Tony Blair is among the suspected victims of Jonathan Rees, who was involved in the theft of confidential data, the hacking of computers and, it is alleged, burglary. According to close associates of Rees, he also targeted:

• Jack Straw when he was home secretary, Peter Mandelson when he was trade secretary and Blair's media adviser Alastair Campbell;

• Prince Edward and the Countess of Wessex, and the Duke and Duchess of Kent, all of whom are said to have had their bank accounts penetrated, and Kate Middleton when she was Prince William's girlfriend;

• The former commissioner of the Metropolitan police, Sir John Stevens, and the current assistant commissioner, John Yates, who later supervised the failed phone-hacking inquiry for 19 months;

• The governor and deputy governor of the Bank of England, whose mortgage account details were obtained and sold.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 07:21:38 pm »

Kate Middleton and Tony Blair 'may have been victims of hacking scandal': Now MP calls for probe to be widened

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2001047/Kate-Middleton-Tony-Blair-victims-News-International-hacking-scandal.html#ixzz1Oi5TLnnN

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
rogue
Duchess

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 08:26:01 pm »

Im actually curious about her bankaccounts and how much wages she got paid for her work  eating cookies
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 10:32:27 pm »

and whether her black American Express card she uses is hers her parents or William's

scarlett
Baroness

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 10:40:48 pm »

^ Same here, mousie.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 12:48:19 am »

Boy, I'd be curious to see that one myself.

You have to be supremely wealthy to have a black Amex and spend a minimum of, gosh, let me check.  The Midds aren't that wealthy.  I've see one once and if you don't spend a certain amount a year, it's suspended.  Lemme check.

Found it!  You have to spend $250,000USD per year for membership.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 12:51:31 am by Yooper » Logged

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
ermilinda
royal watcher

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 12:53:57 am »

oh so sorry.... would it be alright to call NIMROD.....?.... btw nimrod is a swear word too.

WHERE'S THE SEX TAPE OF KATE!                      WHERE'S THE SEX TAPE OF WILLS!
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2011, 12:57:19 am »

Yooper, yes it was a surprise when Kate whipped that out to buy her frozen pizza and bagged salad.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 01:10:01 am »

She did?!  HA!   easter-lol easter-lol easter-lol  Maybe that's not so funny.  With so many people struggling that just seems so thoughtless about money.  She doesn't have $20 on her?  Oh, that's right, she never worked so she probably never thought of a savings account.

mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2011, 01:18:12 am »

This is the story which is one of the versions still online but in many including the original is said it was a black American express.

http://yesmakeitnow.blogspot.com/2010/06/prince-of-pizza-how-william-dropped-in.html

The DM was sued for using the pics as they were CCTV but these still remain.

Ella
Countess

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2011, 02:27:49 am »

I can understand using a credit card. I use mine for everything and don't carry cash or debits because I've been "lucky" enough to have had card info hacked, wallet stolen, and nearly had my identity stolen. Though I doubt it was Waity's reasoning, it's not too uncommon.

I'm thinking the card was her/her family's. William is notoriously cheap with her, would he really give her access to his finances?

Reaching the $250,000 level wouldn't be hard for the Midds. The exchange rate means ~153,000 GBP. If the whole family is authorized on the account, using those cards and/or putting business expenses on them, it wouldn't take long.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2011, 02:44:17 am »

Yeah, I suppose so. That makes sense if it's the Midds biz card and trip taking expenses. A lot to pay back, tho. I'm one of those old fashioned types who saves for stuff.

Kingdom Hearts
Countess

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2011, 03:02:54 am »

I perfer keeping cash in my bra,then a credit card.. eating cookies that way when someone is going to steal or anything in that situation the bra is the last place to look tehe

"The dawrf Breathes so Loud we could have shot him in the Dark" -Haldir
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2011, 03:40:32 am »

That's funny!  I've done that, too.  No hacking there.  It would be interesting to know money management style of Wasty, tho.

Ella
Countess

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2011, 04:29:03 am »

Definitely, a lot to pay back, but if they're using it for business and personal expenses, they could just include it all in overhead expenses and pay it off from PP directly instead of paying it from their personal income. I don't know much on how business financial works though  dontknow

I agree with your financial philosophy, I don't by anything I couldn't afford to pay in cash, but after having my wallet stolen, I'm too paranoid to carry cash and debit cards don't have much protection like credit cards do. I don't even keep my driver's license in my wallet, just unimportant cards and my credit card since the guy who took my wallet used the info in it (I was super dumb) to try to open credit/loan accounts. It was an awful mess. Dealing with the hacking was a million times easier because it affected so many people that everyone knew what needed to be done.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2011, 04:46:04 am »

^^Ella, they could but I'm not sure that's legal.  If it's a business account there is usually a lower rate of interest and they'd have to declare to the taxman any monies used for biz from PP account to pay the cc bill. Or, make the trips for business. Lemme think on this. Very few people use the black card for personal use.  The uber wealthy do for buying cars and boats. Not pizzas.  It really needs more thot on my part. Something's weird here about this.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: